• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Parallel Importers

Guest angela

Guest Raskie

By the way bro,

How's your Boxster??? Enjoying the drive? I test drove it 2 weeks ago. Floored the gas and people from the bus stop ahead heard the powerful sound approaching and quickly took photos ah kekekekekekeke :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

Yes enjoying it very much ... esp topless driving in the evening and taking corner ... try taking the boxster thru a tunnel (ala CTE) top-down ... it's defeaning but shiok ... :yumyum:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mekenics

CnC might not hv the best know how lei :-[ (my experience)

ESP lite came on. sent to MBM they told me steering sensor up lori (30-45mins)

went back to CnC claim, they took 1 whole day to troubleshoot!

no stock & had to go back another day to hv it replaced!!! :banghead:

so much for an authorised service center. no parts!!!! :censored:

my was a W203 20 odd mths old not some rare antique 50yr classic benz

staff still had the cheek to say must maintian warranty by servicing the car wif them :dblfk:

Guest angela

Thanks all for your valuable input :3some:

After much consideration, will check out more PI for better deals. Have decided to purchase it from a PI as I did not have a pleasant experience with AD for my current car.

Guest Merc-C

Had issues with the ESP warning light as well during warranty period. Sent to agent but they couldn't resolve the fault till after few visits. :banghead:

Sent my car for outside workshop servicing thereafter when still under warranty period and up till now everything's working like clockwork. :thumbsup:

Guest phicho

I got mine at a steal of 138 on Dec when the other are selling at 156,888, spec are same except mine dont have parking assist.

were your seat factory fitted or locally fitted?

I got mine at a steal of 138 on Dec when the other are selling at 156,888, spec are same except mine dont have parking assist.

were your seat factory fitted or locally fitted?

Leather seat done locally, so can actually choose the pattern or colour yourself.

If i am not wrong, all C's leather are done locally as original comes half only.

Guest phicho

eyke ]

If i am not wrong, all C' wrote:

C&C C-Class and above all come with full-factory-leather.

yes thats correct. C&C C Class comes with full factory fitted leather. A or B Class might be locally fitted.

i noe that locally fitted C Class leather will lose the original firmness needed to provide lateral support

Telling you guys a good news. To me, i was told that a PI car if doing any claim at C&C, need to pay $500 but.....

:thumbsup: to MBM.

Send my car in to MBM on Monday to get the ESP sensor and Side mirror replace. I got my car back on Tuesday evening without paying a single cents.

That mean i was misled by someone about the wty issue for PI car.

Will definitely get another car from PI if i am changing my the other car.No wty issue to be worry about, save more money, higher spec.....

UPZ to MBM Wheel power. Thanks Kelvin. :iconsalut:

That mean i was misled by someone about the wty issue for PI car.

Dirty rumours perhaps...... ......... ........ ........ :angry3:

Yes Yes, Very dirty rumours... I was actually so worry about my Car wty issue, But now..... WHY WORRY ? I HAVE MBM WHEEL POWER :clap:

• 2 months later...
Guest ehwwong

hi,

sorry to bring up this old thread. i am new.. so be nice..

ok, to cut long story short.. i am offered 133k for a C200 avantgard comparing to C&C who offered me 151k.

the difference, according to the PI is there is no passenger electronic/memory package. No CD charger only 1 disc.

so i save about $18k... worth the trouble? Also the PI claimed that the car comes with 2 years international warranty from mercedes and i can claim from C&C..

would any kind bro here who brought from PI share with me what should i beware of?

i even printed out the standard feature list from C&C site and will go down to do a checklist. :)

Major downsides as advised by C&C (you can shoot an email to Daimler to confirm for yourself):

Factory warranty is 1yr from original date of registration overseas OR 1.5yrs from date of production.

So by the time the car is delivered to you, it'll be a few mths less than 1yr or 1.5yrs.

C&C won't help you with your keys due to freq issue, ie. can't buy key from them.

Anything claim/service required from C&C can only be obtained at Pandan Loop on Thurs & Fri.

Worth it or not depends on your luck:

If turns out you don't need to claim warranty on anything major, involving a lot of downtime,

then might be worth it, else may not be.

Let me try answer your ????

hi,

Dont worry bro, this forum is also to help members to secure a good deal.ok, to cut long story short.. i am offered 133k for a C200 avantgard comparing to C&C who offered me 151k.

the difference, according to the PI is there is no passenger electronic/memory package. No CD charger only 1 disc.

so i save about $18k... worth the trouble? Also the PI claimed that the car comes with 2 years international warranty from mercedes and i can claim from C&C..

Make sure you get at least 15K diff if not buy from AD would be better choice. Buying from which Pi is not the issue, is the service workshop which do your claim in future...MBM wheel power have good record in doing claim from C&C, i did mine twice, no problem and no hassle at all...servicing is very much cheaper too.

would any kind bro here who brought from PI share with me what should i beware of ?

Getting from PI, make sure the OMV , Spec and delivery time, other than this i dont see any worry as buying from PI you wont get a imitation Merc...hahaa

i even printed out the standard feature list from C&C site and will go down to do a checklist.

Yes, do a little more homework will sure save you more $ and hassle,go to a few more PI and do more compare, good luck and happy hunting

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

ok, to cut long story short.. i am offered 133k for a C200 avantgard comparing to C&C who offered me 151k.

would any kind bro here who brought from PI share with me what should i beware of?

i even printed out the standard feature list from C&C site and will go down to do a checklist. :)

sounds like a good deal, can share which PI? Also, can someone tell me what is the parktronic system that is optional item, is that the reverse sensor?

Parktronic is like reverse sensor..

It is for both front & back..& 2 sides of each bumper....as an add on option it is around ~$3.5K

So, without this option, the car don't even have a minimum reverse sensor?

Parktronic is like reverse sensor..

It is for both front & back..& 2 sides of each bumper....as an add on option it is around ~$3.5K

So, without this option, the car don't even have a minimum reverse sensor?

It will usually comes with reverse sensor but not parktronic.

Myself cant use to the partronic assist, still prefer basic reverse sensor will do.

Bro eyke ,Let me share my own personal encounter on the below issue.....

Major downsides as advised by C&C (you can shoot an email to Daimler to confirm for yourself):

Factory warranty is 1yr from original date of registration overseas OR 1.5yrs from date of production.

My PI are reputable and given me a 3 year wty from my date of 1st registration,so far they are 1 of the few biggest PI and i have no worry with them.

So by the time the car is delivered to you, it'll be a few mths less than 1yr or 1.5yrs.

I belive all car should be wty from the 1st registration date not production date. If from production date, than who will buy those offered showroom car which the production are at least 1 year ago....

C&C won't help you with your keys due to freq issue, ie. can't buy key from them.

??? ??? ???

Anything claim/service required from C&C can only be obtained at Pandan Loop on Thurs & Fri.

I did mine on Monday Morning thrus a PI aurthorise workshop and my car was return to me on Tuesday evening .

Worth it or not depends on your luck:

If turns out you don't need to claim warranty on anything major, involving a lot of downtime,

then might be worth it, else may not be.

Downtime ??? I dont think so...my normal servicing was than a hour but if C&C were to do it .....half day...or 1 full day ?

There are plenty of good and reliable PI and of cos ther is lousy one too...just like not all SE in AD a pro.....

• 2 weeks later...