• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

National Geographics Pics

Guest jenvid

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures like these require a combination of timing, anticipation, framing, equipment and plenty of experience.

aiyoh please don't start poison thread leh... with the PC Show just 2 days away.. tsk tsk..

problem when you get addicted is you will want fast camera, fast lens = fast money

Full frame digital SLRs are mighty expensive. APS-C sensor based ones like the Canon EOS10,20,30,40,300,350,400,450,1000 are not full sized sensors and cost alot less.

I'm more of a Canon based user and can recommend the EOS 40D as a very good starting point if you're new to DSLR. Currently selling at $1,599 body only. Grab a good walkabout lens 18-75mm and you have a good package. Many pros buy the 40D as a backup camera.

Nikon man can start your poison.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Some amazing stuff... photography buffs & wannabes... time to bring the lens out lor...Calling Fruitcake !!!

Wahhhh....trying to poison me ah? National Geographic always has the best photographers!

Guest jenvid

I am also puzzled about the last one. Is is from playing with the lens when taking or photo shop after?

Any guru care to share?

My guess is 2 shots, one with kids the other with shoes only. then cut & paste.

Guest jenvid

Some amazing stuff... photography buffs & wannabes... time to bring the lens out lor...Calling Fruitcake !!!

Wahhhh....trying to poison me ah? National Geographic always has the best photographers!

Now got Nikon sale mah... oredi SMS u best price liao... dun wait lor...

Guest jenvid

g8crasher ]

aiyoh please don' wrote:

Aiyah... earn $ must spend $ mah.... earn all $ and then dont enjoy then why live at all ? keke...

I like the bird bath shot, probly need a f2.8 200mm keke...

Full frame digital SLRs are mighty expensive. APS-C sensor based ones like the Canon EOS10,20,30,40,300,350,400,450,1000 are not full sized sensors and cost alot less.

Nikon man can start your poison.

I thot Canon along full 35mm CMOS sensor no ? Hmmm looks like I have been misled... anyway not a canon man but then I still have a EOS 88 or 888 hehe...

Start poison ? Post more pics lor... hee...

I thot Canon along full 35mm CMOS sensor no ? Hmmm looks like I have been misled... anyway not a canon man but then I still have a EOS 88 or 888 hehe...

Unfortunately no leh. Only 1Ds Mk III, 5D are full frame. Industry is leaning towards full frame DSLRs in the near future (as you already may have read elsewhere). Currently 1Ds Mk III is around S$12,000 and the 5D S$5,800.

Nikon D200 drop in price according to clubsnap.. hmmmmmm

HOw about a dash of some portraits......

u06q8.jpg

Stephanie Seymour, Cindy Crawford, Christy Turlington, Tatjana Patiz, Naomi Campbell by Herb Ritts. If you've seen this in silver gelatin print, the tones are amazing

jra71z.jpg

by Richard Avedon

fbw6kp.jpg

by Ellen von Unwerth - I like her. She does Guess? campaigns

14uvyuu.jpg

Guess? Ad by Ellen von Unwerth - Bridgette Bardot-esque