• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

1969 W108 Burgundy? For Sale

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2AjM4VTv-1059.html

Straight six 2.8, white steering wheel. Damn nice cruiser!!!!! Asking 27k - 30k COE April 2015. Depreciation approx 4.4k p/a. Likely to be on classic plates grrrrrr...

Respray black with chrome wheels = awesome daily driver

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Yeah I saw it last night too! Great colour! :thumbsup: Too bad the dealer didn't put much details on this car.

One interesting thing I found last night after I noticed the odd-looking passenger-side mirror that is placed WAAAY in-front. I googled other W108 images and it seems that in those days most W108's didn't come with a passenger-side mirror!

This one might have been placed there by an eccentric 2nd / 3rd / Xth owner who thinks he's driving a Lexus RX, hahahah... :bboyspin:

Hmm... I didn't notice the side mirror thing until you pointed it out!! :clap:

Fender mounted side mirrors were the rage in the late 60s - early 70s. Plenty of Hondas and Toyotas followed this trend especially the sports models. If I remember correctly even the venerable Datsun 240Z had them!

My guess - the rich towkay owner probably had a Toyota 2000GT sitting in his garage as well and decided he could check his blind spots more reliably with this type of mirror placement!

Guest millionmilebenz

Hmm... I didn't notice the side mirror thing until you pointed it out!! :clap:

Fender mounted side mirrors were the rage in the late 60s - early 70s. Plenty of Hondas and Toyotas followed this trend especially the sports models. If I remember correctly even the venerable Datsun 240Z had them!

My guess - the rich towkay owner probably had a Toyota 2000GT sitting in his garage as well and decided he could check his blind spots more reliably with this type of mirror placement!

You are absolutely right bro! Man the Datsun 240Z is a true classic!

• 10 months later...
Guest Carconvoy

Hi All,

I came across one of this in sgcarmart going for 22k...Need some advise on the maintenance and if its worth the value for my project car?

Warmest Regards,

Mark

• 11 months later...
Guest Gargle

my bro had one of these in burgundy (seems like a popular colour) with a beige canvas top and fully restored. It even has a fridge!

He decided to give up and alas i could not afford upkeep.