• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

wanderlust.♡

SLKtigress

This one is on top of my bucket list! Has been fascinated by the Aurora Borealis since young, and it's my dream to see the natural phenomenon live!

• Like 1

'It’s more than that. It’s a communal celebration of horsepower, torque, grip, leather, technology and beauty. It is the last bastion of automotive lust.'- Jeremy Clarkson

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exist, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th."- The Late and Great Ayrton Senna

I was in Prague as well in Feb this year spend 18 days travelling around Germany - Czech Rep - Rome/Vatican (get dumped by bloody local Italian tour leader inside colosseum) - Swiss - Austria (bloody sound of music tour in Salzburg)

The most memorable city is Prague with their tasty Pilsner Urquell and Bohemian style.

Tyn Church viewed from tower above the Orloj (Astronomical Clock).6835476073_1cebae9315.jpg

Old city view from same location6835480157_6a5bd7ebb3.jpg

Orloj itself6835479269_198f907381.jpg

Guard Change in Presidential Palace6835472211_54de6a4c08.jpg

City tour in antique 1930s Mercedes Benz near Lennon Wall, didn't take it since is damn $$$6835475103_50347b6bb8.jpg

• Like 2

...I was lucky 2 take sum pixs B4 realising no photography allowed....so here goes...

...am very intrigued w Masterpieces...so tot will share...

...can u guys spot the Famous "Creation Of Adam" by Michelangelo on le ceiling..;)? it is awesome..really...breathtaking sight...seeing the real thing.....above me....high above on the ceiling of Sistine Chapel Rome...2 bad I dun have a chance 2 take the Hugh painting "Last Judgement" just below by the side wall...:(....tt is awesome too.

post-1450-0-88119100-1354140358_thumb.jpg

...A Zoomed in shot...

post-1450-0-98638900-1354140405_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

....Just a little history on ....Creation of Adam, Michelangelo

The panel of The Creation of Adam in the Sistine Chapel must be one of the most known images in the world.

Completed by Michelangelo circa 1511, it depicts God the father creating Adam, the first man and was amongst the last panels to be completed, telling the story of Genesis. The focal point of the episode of the Creation of Adam painting is the contact between the fingers of God and those of Adam, through which the breath of life is transmitted. By not painting the fingers of God and Adam touching and leaving a small space between the two, Michelangelo creates a tingling tension, an anticipation of that wonderous moment, as we all wait for God to complete his Creation of Adam.

Michelangelo’s languid Adam was probably inspired by Ghiberti’s Adam on his Doors of Paradise of the baptistery in Florence. Whereas in his, The Creation of Eve, Michelangelo borrows heavily from Jacopo della Quercia’s version on the portal of San Petronio in Bologna. In the Eve panel Michelangelo did not use foreshortening, making the figures difficult to see clearly from the floor of the chapel. In the Creation of Adam, the great artist addresses this problem, with an obvious focus on the enlarged figures of God and Adam.

The painting of Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam only took two to three weeks to complete, while the actual painting of Adam took Michelangelo only four days! An admiring Vasari (1511 – 1574) gasped with amazement and said, “a figure of such a kind in its beauty, in the attitude and in the outlines, that it appears as if newly fashioned by the first and supreme Creator rather than by the brush and design of mortal man.” Today we see the Creation of Adam as a masterpiece within a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Vatican Museum, it's very interesting place and huge collections. Planned to get local guide there but since got duped in previous day decided to do self walking there form opening hours to closing times. No picture taking inside Sistine Chapel but picture taking allowed in Michael Angelo's room.

My wife went to shopping overdrive on cuppola gift shop run by Catholic sisters, lots of thing to buy there and no tax in Vatican.

• Like 1