• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

G55

Guest dewey

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dewey

and i don't know if i could get into trouble for posting this, if anyone thinks i would,

pls faster tell me so i can remove.

the car belongs to Ruler of Dubai... Sheikh Mohammad (front passenger seat).

Guest Sareve

I've always wondered why we didn't have a G class in Singapore? Is it because it simply doesn't come with RHD?

Btw, the ruler of Dubai has an entire GINORMOUS GARAGE FILLED with copies of the G55, same number plate, same everything, gonna find the picture and post it up later. Talk about too much money and nothing to spend it on :banghead:

Guest dewey

I think his has extra stuffs like Bullet-proof body and tires!!!

oh yah, dewey, over there have you seen any GL on the road??

Its a freaking crazy place. U can find any models there.

I think very very soon should be able to see newer ones like the new SL... Etc...

Guest Sareve

Hm now that I think of it, I remember lots of our army jeeps and trucks are mercedes models, any idea if Singapore's actually using any G classes in our army?

Guest Cklasse

The old 3 tonner was a MB911. The new jeeps are MB but I am seeing some civilian type of SUV, probably to cut cost. I doubt these civilian SUV is as hardy as the military grade.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Archer

Hm now that I think of it, I remember lots of our army jeeps and trucks are mercedes models, any idea if Singapore's actually using any G classes in our army?

Yes sir! The G class is being used as SAF army jeeps which i'm sure u hv seen driving around with or without the mounted GPMG. They also have soft-top versions which is usually used as command vehicles in the field. I used to drive one around during night patrol missions in my NS days. It was a is durable vehicle. :)