• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Your car might be watched 24 hours in future...

Ppp

WTF!!!!

If this satellite tracking replaces the ERP, drivers might be made to pay distance-based charges (mileage travelled), time-based charges (duration of car usage, weekdays or weekends, peak or non-peak hours), location-based charges, or even a mixture of all three, using GPS-based electronic road pricing in place of the current area-based charges. There will be no need for ERP gantries, requiring just GPS coordinates, software and cameras for monitoring.

It's like driving a taxi but we have to pay ourself...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-autos/car-might-watched-24-hours-future-003958846.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbon emission is becos of pple like Tanzeeee lah! We only drive one car but he drives soooo many cars! Pls ask him to go and REPENT!

If not we'll be paying on his behalf! Hate pple like him!

I only have one car. Please check with LTA.

It's ok. I hate dao gay and banana too.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

every now and then, I'm testing the limits of.these new erp testing lei, since.they said catch speeding cars.. hmmmm wonder till what limit . last time heard the present erp 120km/h is the limit

I doubt you can drive beyond 120km/h across an active ERP gantry. ERP gantry locations always slow moving / jam.

All phones with data plan, can it be tracked as well? You can think about it...

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

True... But it's still not that easy to retrieve... If this new system is put in place you're gonna get a detailed breakdown of what you're paying for, no? I mean like my father can then track my whereabouts haha. Not goooood...

don be surprisd your dad already know where u have been going.... right now he might be tracking your movement with software on your phone....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

All gsm phone are trackable...the resolution is up to 500m accuracy....

this technology already in place some 20 years ago... right now... as long as u don move... you can be tracked to even which floor u can be in...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

look at it another way... our cars will not be stolen.... cos can be tracked to where it is....

True... But it's still not that easy to retrieve... If this new system is put in place you're gonna get a detailed breakdown of what you're paying for, no? I mean like my father can then track my whereabouts haha. Not goooood...

Anything that is store in a DB is easily retrievable...it is made "harder" thru regulation..and this info can only be retrieve if u hv a search warrant...