• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LTA Approved Exhaust for C180!

Pumper

Anybody noticed that the right pipe does not connect directly into the mid muffler but is wielded to the left pipe towards the end? To be honest the wielding job looks kinda shabby. Who's willing to take the first plunge and try it out? Agree with David, Remus does sound nicer and isn't that much more expensive compared to what Benzline is offering.

Will Benzline give a copy of a letter or certificate from LTA that the exos is LTA approved?

If not will be problem if the car go for VIACOM inspection.

I had previously got LTA approval for my previous W203 Lorinser exos.

Each year when come to VIACOM inspection, VIACOM would want to see the LTA approval letter.

I don't think VIACOM keeps a list of LTA approved exos!

Better clear this point before puchasing from the supplier!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Will Benzline give a copy of a letter or certificate from LTA that the exos is LTA approved?

If not will be problem if the car go for VIACOM inspection.

I had previously got LTA approval for my previous W203 Lorinser exos.

Each year when come to VIACOM inspection, VIACOM would want to see the LTA approval letter.

I don't think VIACOM keeps a list of LTA approved exos!

Better clear this point before puchasing from the supplier!

Once the exo is installed, it must be inspected by LTA and LTA will give a letter to each owner.

Even TP/LTA will need to see it when they stop u.

The installer didn't advice you?

Anybody noticed that the right pipe does not connect directly into the mid muffler but is wielded to the left pipe towards the end? To be honest the wielding job looks kinda shabby. Who's willing to take the first plunge and try it out? Agree with David, Remus does sound nicer and isn't that much more expensive compared to what Benzline is offering.

That's the original design by them. They should have their reason not to join at mid muffler.

Once the exo is installed, it must be inspected by LTA and LTA will give a letter to each owner.

Even TP/LTA will need to see it when they stop u.

The installer didn't advice you?

Yes! That was more or less the route I took!

I bought the Lorinser exos from Benzline and I arranged the LTA approval myself.

I wrote to LTA, submitted TUV emmision & noise certifications, sketches & brochures to get LTA approval.

Once LTA approved, I had a choice to be inspected by LTA Engineering Dept at Sin Min or any VIACOM centre.

I chose VIACOM and was given an approval letter to be kept in the car in case stop on the road or during inspection.

Sold the car to my brother and he still keeps the letter in his car!

3481493785_8b71f3b9b5_z.jpg

Cheers

Had mine done recently. Supplier even organised LTA inspection. Letter kept in car.

post-80-0-42515800-1349923532_thumb.jpg

Wow! Nice! What's your car model? Brand of exhaust?

Hmm. Interesting, tempted.

MTL!!!!.....hahahaha! :sword::thumbsu:

Cheers

hawkeye - any idea on stock pipe diameter and brabus pipe diameter?

Sorry, didn't think of it. Can try to see the brochure from Brabus specs n revert.

Got this from website.

BRABUS sports exhaust system

Consisting of: 1 x middle silencer, 1 x rear silencer left side, 1 x rear silencer right side (with four slanted tailpipes, � 76 mm) for C 180 CGI, C 200 CGI and C 250 CGI