• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Too many road works and bumps on Singapore road...

Guest ultor

Guest ultor

Just changed my front torsion bar and front arms... too much wear and tear driving on Singapore roads... just the car park at work runs over at least 12 bumps every day... :(

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ultor

seriously, there are like so many patch up roads due to on-going road works on the way to office...white stripes, then the man-hole that is somehow not level... and then the car park, and then the very alleviated zebra x-ing...

Guest angela

jurong industrial area the worst.. uneven roads damage by heavy vehicles is nothing new there. just drive slow.. we are not driving SUV and jeep right. :)

Guest eyke

not all road works are bad, eg. the road diversions caused by MRT tunnel works/etc actually gives us some curves to play with eg. Braddell Road towards Lornie.

Guest Sareve

The curve you're talking about is one of the WORST roads to drive on! I'd never dare to speed there, the road is so bumpy and full of gigantic manhole covers and strange uneven road surfaces!

Guest eyke

The curve you're talking about is one of the WORST roads to drive on! I'd never dare to speed there, the road is so bumpy and full of gigantic manhole covers and strange uneven road surfaces!

i guess i'm a rally kinda guy, the rougher the better >:D

driving on the F1 paved roads is too boring.

Drivers beware - coming off the AYE and driving onto Clementi Road towards Bt Timah. At the traffic light junction of Commonwealth Ave West and Clementi Road there is a very uneven patch right at the pedestrian crossing lines. Always going over it with a loud thud.. feels like the suspension is gonna buckle.

Guest W208

It's time the Government organises another IMF/World bank Meeting so that all the roads could be repaved ;D

LOL..it's the same case in MY too >:(

cheers!

Guest Otsego

not all road works are bad, eg. the road diversions caused by MRT tunnel works/etc actually gives us some curves to play with eg. Braddell Road towards Lornie.

that road cannot play 1, tiko TP hiding in bushes and secretly taking picture of u!

Guest Sareve

Really? I travel on that road on a daily basis, I've never even seen anyone trying to speed there because the road conditions are so bad! If you're talking about the straight stretch of lornie road then yes, there are tps there, I got caught for crossing double white line :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ultor

x-crossing, stripes, and bumps are still avoidable, dreaded unexpected manhole that drops you hard, or long stretched of unevenly patched up lane that you can't avoid...

After changing the torsion bar and front arms, it is making some noise again after 2 weeks of driving... hope not another bushing wear and tear...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ultor

been to a workshop for repair 3 days in a row, then c&c 3 days too... now c&c again for at least 2 days...

car left front having tap noise when driving slow on uneven road (usually during traffic jam)... any bro here has the experience or know any good workshop that can resolve the noise? :banghead:

Guest Sareve

Is it this vibrating noise like some little balls are being tossed around in a tiny box? I always attributed that noise to the stuff in my car vibrating when i go over bumpy roads.

Guest ultor

the guys at c&c is still figuring out, sending it back again next week... pretty hopeless so far. every lub job is $30 bucks... not that it resolves the problem... just hoping the bros here have similar experience and know what to fix or change...