• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Amplifier?

Guest ultor

Guest ultor

I was at this shop along Short Street that sells audio for car. To my surprise, I was told that Mercedes did not come with amplifier installed and I needed to buy one to improve the sound quality.

I am not an expert in this area, but if my benz comes with 8 to 10 speakers, there must be some sort of amp?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this shop along Short Street that sells audio for car. To my surprise, I was told that Mercedes did not come with amplifier installed and I needed to buy one to improve the sound quality.

I am not an expert in this area, but if my benz comes with 8 to 10 speakers, there must be some sort of amp?

Neither am I an expert in this area, but based on your descriptions (8 to 10 speakers!) surely worth to invest in an amplifier. After installation, I will donate my army ear-plug to you. ;D

Are you refering to the shop by the name of P** S***? Its on my banned list as I've bad experience with them. Firstly for their cut-throat price and also being very rude and refused to admit that they've scratched my car. Well that was some years back.

Guest kepiting1sg

Neither am I an expert in this area, but based on your descriptions (8 to 10 speakers!) surely worth to invest in an amplifier. After installation, I will donate my army ear-plug to you. ;D

Are you refering to the shop by the name of P** S***? Its on my banned list as I've bad experience with them. Firstly for their cut-throat price and also being very rude and refused to admit that they've scratched my car. Well that was some years back.

I am not familiar with the multi speakers system in your Benz.

Probably they are driven by a series of amplifiers.

My W203 Stock HU does not comes with any amplifiers but driven by the HU internal amp.

You may wanna read up this link.

http://www.carstereo.com/rayfes/head.cfm

Guest ultor

thanks for all your input. I am satisfied with the sound quality so far, but I have also seen some custom made ones, esp. those Benz in Japan, 5-7 speakers in front and modified back compartment with 2 amp, subs, etc. Any recommended shop in SG? :swduel:

Guest quacks

To add on:

Would it be better to invest in a better HU (currently have a Blaupunkt but old model) or would adding an amp bring better sound?

Recently changed my speakers and still itchy for upgrades... :D

Would it be better to invest in a better HU (currently have a Blaupunkt but old model) or would adding an amp bring better sound?

Changes to both will bring out the best :devil:

Changing either one may not yield optimal results