• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes Benz 200 (COE till 01/2012)

Guest s1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeeew that ain't a colour that's supposed to be on the car.. exterior looks nice. Interior panels need TLC. Floormats look ratty. Would prefer a white steering wheel. It's a manual!! :)

Guest millionmilebenz

Concur with Homer... The interior looks worn, the body looks great but colour is awful. Furthermore, the new paint may be hidding small rust spots?

The most attractive thing to me is that this is a pre-1973 example, which means it keeps the quarter-front window (which you can open and swivel out for ventilation), the narrower and more classic grille, and the smooth (vs. lourved) rear lights. If I CAN keep another old benz while still staying married, I would be looking at this one rather seriously. :love9:

Calling other Old-School brothers out there!! :ninja:

Guest millionmilebenz

You guys are too humble! I picked up these things only by looking at real examples a little and googling online a lot. There are various fan sites dedicated to these ageless beauties, but most of the best-restored ones seem to be in Europe (no surprise) and sunny California!

Guest mr w124

thats a w115/114 right? theres also a 123 on the sgcarmart. always had a liking for a123 n wanted to get it but was warned against it by friends bcos of high maint. so i got a 124 instead. my dream would be a 116. beautiful car.

Guest millionmilebenz

Bro Mr. W124, I am also a fan of the W123 after my family owned one for > 20 years. Maintenance is actually not that bad but fuel consumption is the killer. It is a very very rugged car.

However, I would advise you to go for the W116. My philosophy is always to go for the top end if you want to keep a "classic". The top model has much higher levels of engineering and "luxury" built in.

Best of luck!! :thumbsup:

Guest mr w124

I would love to get the 116 MMB. however in the past 10 years i've probably only seen one in sg. n thats with an 'EF' plate so prob a '76 car. looked good. super rare to find one now i think.

Guest millionmilebenz

I would love to get the 116 MMB. however in the past 10 years i've probably only seen one in sg. n thats with an 'EF' plate so prob a '76 car. looked good. super rare to find one now i think.

Agree that W116 (good examples) are extremely rare in Singapore now. A chap living along Bukit Timah road owns a silver one that looks to be in very decent shape. I've seen it a few times along that road as it's part of my commute.

If you like the looks of the W116, then may be you will like the W107 SL too! ;D

• 5 months later...

Concur with Homer... The interior looks worn, the body looks great but colour is awful. Furthermore, the new paint may be hidding small rust spots?

The most attractive thing to me is that this is a pre-1973 example, which means it keeps the quarter-front window (which you can open and swivel out for ventilation), the narrower and more classic grille, and the smooth (vs. lourved) rear lights. If I CAN keep another old benz while still staying married, I would be looking at this one rather seriously. :love9:

Calling other Old-School brothers out there!! :ninja:

Pre 1973 also means it is hand build.