• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 CGI to C180K

Guest Mer4

Good morning!

Was told C&C going to 're-introduce' C180K to replace C180 CGI due to lower demand on 1.8cc because of higher COE.:tsk:

Anyone here to confirm? How will it affect the value of current CGI owner?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Guest lightning

maybe...no wonder why i saw several promotional ads on the newspaper offering C-180 Kompressor Blue Efficiency model (1.6 Lit) as prizes...thought maybe C&C is trying to lelong off their old stock :becky:

but again...unless there are still demand for this kompressor model otherwise i dun think Germany will purposely produce just for the SG market

Guest vt5sport

lightning wrote:

maybe...no wonder why i saw several promotional ads on the newspaper offering C-180 Kompressor Blue Efficiency model (1.6 Lit) as prizes...thought maybe C&C is trying to lelong off their old stock :becky:

but again...unless there are still demand for this kompressor model otherwise i dun think Germany will purposely produce just for the SG market

Yalor, when i saw the C180 Kompressor as the prize the DBS credit card lucky draw, thot they made a typo error. Now this kinda explains it.

In the C-Class brochure, the 1.6 kompressor seems to be available in manual tranny onli. Hence, an auto may be an exception.

But for extg CGI owners, it's good news as it'll be the onli TC C180 ever made available. Very rare and well differentiated later.

1.8 CGI share same engine parts and engine with C200 CGI and same interior parts as C180K .... so should be quite standard in acquiring them.

I guess C&C by offering C180K and C200CGI, the difference in price can be justified for those prefering to go for C200... and they can be more competitive in pricing C180K since OMV is lower, and require Cat A COE.... which none of its competitors A4 1.8T, IS250 and BMW 318i can compete. ... unless Audi brings in 1.4TSI 160PS 250Nm A4.

OMV approx $37k

COE assuming 35k

Total cost approx $119,500

Still have margin of about $26,000 .... and at a price no other competitors can compete.

In fact pricing is close to Camry, Accord, Insignia, Passat, Superb range....

Brilliant move.

Guest vt5sport

C&C will prob maintain the 15k price difference between the C180 and C200. If it comes wif Cat A and a 1.6 K, it means 2 things:

(i) lower OMV, lower COE means higher margins

(ii) it's easier to upsell buyers to the C200 CGI as the product would seem more differentiated

Right now, the CGI engine found in the C180 is pretty good. Lively and torquey turbo response and it produces the same 250Nm torque as the C200 Kompressor. Like many others, I was contemplating between the C180 CGI and C200 CGI. In the end, I found it difficult to justify paying an additional $15k for basically 20Nm (marginally better performance but not exactly diff between night and day and nothing a $3k reflash can't do), memory seats (no use to many ppl), front parktronic (non-essential). Even my SE told me it's not worth it.

Guest blackmercs

Test drive both cars, the C180K is under power I will go for C180 CGI. Btw did anyone compare the specs E & C class on the hp and torque? Looks like the identical to me, apart from this my SE told me that E class sedan having a 80 litre fuel tank instead of 66 litres which only for E class cabro & Coupe only. E class sedan guys can you confirm on this tank capacity thingy? kum sia

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

Test drive both cars, the C180K is under power I will go for C180 CGI. Btw did anyone compare the specs E & C class on the hp and torque? Looks like the identical to me, apart from this my SE told me that E class sedan having a 80 litre fuel tank instead of 66 litres which only for E class cabro & Coupe only. E class sedan guys can you confirm on this tank capacity thingy? kum sia

yes...chopped & confirmed W212 sedan is 80 litres...:whistle:

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

No bad leh, i never see a 9 km/liter at all. Mine is 66 litres tank :)

66 litres good for you...at least you hardly (or never) have to sign a credit card chit of $100 & above at the counter (even after the 10++% petrol discount)...:Cry:

Guest blackmercs

mile wrote:

E Coupe/Cabrio is using W204 platform... that's why fuel tank capacity is similar to C class.

new CLS is using W212 platform.

yes and no, the E class bronchures indicated E200 & 250 estimated 66 litres and E350 and above estimated 88 litres.

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

yes and no, the E class bronchures indicated E200 & 250 estimated 66 litres and E350 and above estimated 88 litres.

initially i was puzzled too until i checked with my SE...coz can fill around 60+ litres when the petrol gauge shows about a qtr tank before top up...

vt5sport wrote:

Yalor, when i saw the C180 Kompressor as the prize the DBS credit card lucky draw, thot they made a typo error. Now this kinda explains it.

In the C-Class brochure, the 1.6 kompressor seems to be available in manual tranny onli. Hence, an auto may be an exception.

But for extg CGI owners, it's good news as it'll be the onli TC C180 ever made available. Very rare and well differentiated later.

Really...then my C180 CGI will be collector's item in future..haha! :whistle: Btw, the main reason for getting the 1.8L CGI is the potential to mod up to 204bhp (E250).

Guest vt5sport

Downside is that the market will be realli confused.

2007-2009 C180 = 1.8L Kompressor Avantgarde

2009- part 2010 C180 = 1.6L Kompresssor Blue Efficiency Avantgarde

part 2010- part 2010 C180 = 1.8L CGI Blue Efficiency Avangarde

part 2010 onwards C180 = 1.6L Kompressor again (dunno what spec yet)

And all look the SAME as C200. :wacko:

noticed it too when i kay poh 2 weekends ago to check out the sls on display.

was told there were constant enquiries due to the lower cat A COE. didn't sound like they will stop selling 180CGI though, but no sense having 2 cars that are targeting the same audience and especially if OMV difference is only 1-2k.

alfie wrote:

noticed it too when i kay poh 2 weekends ago to check out the sls on display.

was told there were constant enquiries due to the lower cat A COE. didn't sound like they will stop selling 180CGI though, but no sense having 2 cars that are targeting the same audience and especially if OMV difference is only 1-2k.

You are right...same song but different tune.

vt5sport wrote:

Looks like the 1.6L C180 Kompressor and the 1.8L C180 CGI is being sold alongside each other.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=10454

Same bhp, same looks, pays lesser in road tax and the price is $17k lesser...hmm....I wonder whats the OMV for the C180K now...I guess most ppl will go for the C180K instead of the CGI now