• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2009 E250 CGI Auxiliary Battery

micb

Hi all,

I would like to check if the 2009 E250 CGI comes with the auxiliary battery and the brake hold function?

I could not locate the aux battery in the trunk and there is no brake hold function on my ride.

Appreciate all advices, and any recommendations as to where I can get it replaced and expected cost as well.

Thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, micb said:

Hi all,

I would like to check if the 2009 E250 CGI comes with the auxiliary battery and the brake hold function?

I could not locate the aux battery in the trunk and there is no brake hold function on my ride.

Appreciate all advices, and any recommendations as to where I can get it replaced and expected cost as well.

Thank you.

If you have the ECO Mode for Engine Start Stop (There's a switch "ECO" on your central panel if you've Engine Start Stop)

IIRC Earlier W212 do not have ECO Mode for Engine Start Stop function (at least till my late 2011 W212 E250)

If you do not have the ECO Mode switch, this mean you don't have Engine Start Stop & no auxiliary battery

If you've ECO Mode switch means you've Engine Start Stop.

Try this to find the aux battery in the attached pdf file if you've the Engine Start Stop function

W213 if I am not wrong does not has a aux battery but some kind of super capacitor for Engine Start Stop

W212 should have brake hold.

IIRC I had Brake Hold on my 2011 PFL E250 avantgarde & both my W212 (5 spd & 7 spd auto)

iirc W211 has brake hold too

Earlier E Class models take a little practice to apply the brake hold function

Use your right foot press the brake pedal and quickly another time without letting go after the 1st press.install additional battery.pdf

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 weeks later...

iirc, it’s getting into Engineering Mode.

You can read your battery voltage & others but after you switched off your HU, it will be back to default.

imho, don’t try to get a to the Engineering Mode unless you know what you’re doing, in case you wiped off some data & turned your HU into a “brick”

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

11 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

iirc, it’s getting into Engineering Mode.

You can read your battery voltage & others but after you switched off your HU, it will be back to default.

imho, don’t try to get a to the Engineering Mode unless you know what you’re doing, in case you wiped off some data & turned your HU into a “brick”

Thanks, @kepiting1sg, much appreciate it.   

I have just figure out how to get into the service menu, and there are lots of settings indeed, must not meddle with it if unsure.   

Thanks again.