• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Cold Start Limp Mode - w212 e250 7G (2012)

bossbthk

Hi, 

seeking help from all w212 E gurus out there. 
lately been experiencing a fault from my e250. when start up in the morning and after slight warm up, while putting it into drive gear, the gear box will jerk with a loud clunk. thereafter when trying to accelerate, it seems to be stuck in a lower range gear. 

Then i would stop by the side of the road and restart the car, everything seem to be normal. 
That said, i do feel the car feeling bit sluggish. My mechanic asked me to monitor the situation and try to high rev the car in speed 
Then i notice the car engine start to vibrate when i'm peaking it at 3500 RPM. 

any one had this kind of problem before? do share remedy 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a "reliable" workshop to get a Diagnostic check

I had similar issues on 2 occasions with my previous W212 7G

It had high mileage of nearly 200k km

1. Timing Cam gear issue

2. Gear Box PCBA

Both jobs each cost me about $3k

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 months later...

Hi bros, sorry for coming in very late on this. But, better late than never right? Concur with bro kepiting1sg up there on a "reliable" workshop.

Had my share of not so good experience which I want to relate here, which I hope will benefit other bros and sisters here. Had this jerking issue when flooring my accelerator so I brought it up with my usual mechanic some where in Bedok. Our friend drove my car away for about 1.5 hours and left me at his workshop. Came back and told me he was test driving the car, and told me it was an gear box problem and would cost me between 4.5 to 6.5k. I have at that point just renewed my COE for this beautiful ride of 10 years and was actually prepared to spend some money to repair what/s needed so I told him to go ahead, and the final repair bill for the gear box was 5k. Took my car, and shit, the next few days when I occassionally floored my accelerator to test if the gear box was back to normal, it was still jerking when pushed. In the course of 6 months that followed, I went back to my mechanic and complained a couple of times but he blamed it partly on my driving style. It occurred to me to use the lemon law against him but then I thought too much hassle. So what did I do? From my investigations, I found out the gear box people my mechanic brought my car to. So I went direct to see them and they confirmed that they have indeed worked my gear box and then ran a diagnostic on my car per my request. They confirmed that there were some issues with my gear box when my mechanic brought it to them but this has completely been rectified as indicated by the latest diagnostic. They suggested that I changed my ignition coil and plugs and I concurred. And OMG, my beautiful ride was back to live after that!!! My gear was responding again like it used to and I am still enjoying it until today. In the mean time I also found out what my mechanic did. He actually asked the transmission people to pick up my car from his workshop, and get them to return it to him after wards. and in that process, charged me more that double of what the transmission people actually did for my car. Those bros and sis who need the name of my gear box saviour can pm me. I do not want to be seen as advertising for them here but those guys really really helped me....

Glad that you've your problem solved but with "bitter experience"

Hope you continue to enjoy your ride

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)