• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New car require run in?

dxyong

Hi bros, I am collecting my car tomorrow and noticed the first servicing schedule is only at 15k...is there any running in or oil change requirement after say 500km? I am planning to cheong KL the following week...just need to be sure. TIA

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No advice from MB to change oil & filter for 1st 500km

I m from old school and for my new ride, I will change the oil & filter at 1st 1000km

Same for 1st 1000km I'll not rev the car over 3500 rpm and prefer to drive slowly at not more than 120khr.

This's how I treat my new ride and to each his own, do not to follow me.

It's correct that MB recommend the 1st service at 15,000km

Again I'll do it at 15,000km or 1 year whichever comes first

Have a safe ride to KL and imho should be alright to drive at 130khr without constantly downshifting to overtake.

At a constant 120khr, your fuel consumption can be <6.5L/100km

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Should be fine to change oil as per manufacturer advice. Newer cars are built with necessary processing logic and controls to limit engine wear regardless new or or old engine - as long as all sensors function. My second new merc now and I dont have problems with changing out oil after first 15K for both cars.

Having said that, I do not rev much, probably only once above 3.5k rpm.. :)

On ‎24‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, dxyong said:

Hi bros, I am collecting my car tomorrow and noticed the first servicing schedule is only at 15k...is there any running in or oil change requirement after say 500km? I am planning to cheong KL the following week...just need to be sure. TIA

Hi

Which C klass model are u driving?

my SE recommend dun rev above 3.5/4,5 unnecessary for the first 1500KM

EO, I planning to change at 7.5KM, halfway - old skool thinking,

I didn't change at 1000KM

in any case, will you like to be on SGMERC C klass telegram chat ? - if so, please PM me with your car details 

2 hours ago, rickosw said:

Hi

Which C klass model are u driving?

my SE recommend dun rev above 3.5/4,5 unnecessary for the first 1500KM

EO, I planning to change at 7.5KM, halfway - old skool thinking,

I didn't change at 1000KM

in any case, will you like to be on SGMERC C klass telegram chat ? - if so, please PM me with your car details 

Hi rick, it is C200 FL. I had the car for about a week now, noticed it hardly gone above 2500rpm...speed wise I guess have not gone beyond 100km/h so far :)

On your SE advice, does it mean it's OK to rev after that mark even without oil change? I am thinking if I should do the oil change outside after my KL trip....to have peace of mind...but I am concern if they are qualified and will do the right procedure as I read that our car oil change is not similar to Jap car....also our engine uses more Quart compared to avg 4L on Jap car am I right? That probably why our service interval is longer :P

20 hours ago, dxyong said:

Btw what is SGMERC C klass telegram chat ?  

Actually I am already in MBOS whatsapp group but I feel like quitting there as the posts are too overwhelming for me to even read through :hot:

SGMERC forumn have about 12-13K members

SGMERC Telegram chat have close to 1K members

SGMERC C Klass Chat - 181 members (only legit C klass W204/205) are welcome to join

if you are keen to be inside this chat, kindly PM me with your car details

thanks

20 hours ago, dxyong said:

Hi rick, it is C200 FL. I had the car for about a week now, noticed it hardly gone above 2500rpm...speed wise I guess have not gone beyond 100km/h so far :)

On your SE advice, does it mean it's OK to rev after that mark even without oil change? I am thinking if I should do the oil change outside after my KL trip....to have peace of mind...but I am concern if they are qualified and will do the right procedure as I read that our car oil change is not similar to Jap car....also our engine uses more Quart compared to avg 4L on Jap car am I right? That probably why our service interval is longer :P

My SE told me, after you clear 1500KM, you are free to rev and engage Sports n Sport+ Mode

since this is a public forumn, my advice is always keep to "OFFICIAL SPEED LIMIT" both in Singapore n Malaysia roads

if you are worried and choose to practice what old birds do, my advice, just bring back to C&C midway to your official service to get EO change. C&C will know what to do, what EO to use