• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

PI vs C&C

wanvai

Hi everyone. I'm keen to get a W205 FL. Besides cost savings and agent warranty, can some of the experts here please share what are the major advantages and/or disadvantages of getting a unit from a reputable PI vs C&C? 

Managed to test drive C180 at C&C but found it underpowered. Considering a C200 instead. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

when things go wrong, esp recall will the PI honor and help u?

q1) do they cover physical cost and labour or do you need to pay for both?

q2) they say they honor recall - what proof ? their words via mouth vs actual receipt or sign off by clients?  - ask to see them, if they are sincere, nothing to hide

AD Cycle, no issues with recall, you just need to wait for your turn cos they do it batch by batch, even second hand, as long you "register" with Cycle and they know you are the owner, they will contact you and fix u up. 

another important aspect is whether you want to keep stock or you wana zhng like F&F

Old birds told me

Wana Zhng Buy PI, No Zhng Buy AD Cycle 

dun anyhow Zhng here, Zhng there, spolit liao, bring back to AD Cycle then they void your warranty, then you cry and KBKB

ps: Officially if you cant even buy Off Parking Camera for your AD cars (dun believe ask your SE, ask him to write you a official email, say wont void warranty, if he/she dare to write, please share it here)

even if you zhng rims / wheels, AD Cycle will "write it down" / "record it into system". Dun believe me, just look at your service records ....

3 hours ago, rickosw said:

when things go wrong, esp recall will the PI honor and help u?

q1) do they cover physical cost and labour or do you need to pay for both?

q2) they say they honor recall - what proof ? their words via mouth vs actual receipt or sign off by clients?  - ask to see them, if they are sincere, nothing to hide

AD Cycle, no issues with recall, you just need to wait for your turn cos they do it batch by batch, even second hand, as long you "register" with Cycle and they know you are the owner, they will contact you and fix u up. 

another important aspect is whether you want to keep stock or you wana zhng like F&F

Old birds told me

Wana Zhng Buy PI, No Zhng Buy AD Cycle 

dun anyhow Zhng here, Zhng there, spolit liao, bring back to AD Cycle then they void your warranty, then you cry and KBKB

ps: Officially if you cant even buy Off Parking Camera for your AD cars (dun believe ask your SE, ask him to write you a official email, say wont void warranty, if he/she dare to write, please share it here)

even if you zhng rims / wheels, AD Cycle will "write it down" / "record it into system". Dun believe me, just look at your service records ....

Thank you for your valuable advice. I'll be sure to check on all these before I decide to sign on the dotted line. 

After hours and hours of YouTube and Google search, I've finally decided to go for A class sedan. Gonna go with one of the big boys in PI industry. Hopefully will be smooth. 

15 hours ago, wanvai said:

Thank you for your valuable advice. I'll be sure to check on all these before I decide to sign on the dotted line. 

After hours and hours of YouTube and Google search, I've finally decided to go for A class sedan. Gonna go with one of the big boys in PI industry. Hopefully will be smooth. 

The Bigger PI boys should be "quite safe", many members (including Moderators) have purchased from them.

I think they should be taking orders soon, and delivery maybe within the next 2-3 months. 

We do have a joint A Klass Sedan chat with A Klass hatchback, once you purchase, please send me a PM to be added to the telegram chat

Good luck !