corgi

Headlights for W213

8 posts in this topic

I am considering changing to W213 from my current w212. Was told all variants of E200 and E250 all came with high performance LED lights and not intelligent LED lights. Considering that W212 came with intelligent LED, I wonder if this will be a downgrade as the lights cannot swivel and are unable to auto adjust their height of illumination (my guess).  Any comments from current owners of W213 is highly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
19 hours ago, corgi said:

I am considering changing to W213 from my current w212. Was told all variants of E200 and E250 all came with high performance LED lights and not intelligent LED lights. Considering that W212 came with intelligent LED, I wonder if this will be a downgrade as the lights cannot swivel and are unable to auto adjust their height of illumination (my guess).  Any comments from current owners of W213 is highly appreciated.

Dunno about the current W213 head lamps.

Older models from 2016 YOM do not have ILS.

If money no issue, ILS Headlamps can be retrofitted locally

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Kepiting1 for your reply. Of course it will be great to retrofit it or order the car with ILS headlights. I was just wondering if it bugs owners enough to do so. After I posted the question I realize that not all W212 fl owners will have ILS headlights so it may be an upgrade instead of a downgrade for W212 owners with non LED lights. So I guess I was just me or a small group of owners who will have issues with this. BTW e class cars ordered now will come with new engine that is going to be fitted in the face-lift version i.e. look of the car is the current W213 but with new engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 0:52 PM, kepiting1sg said:

 

Hi Boss, 

I think W212 E250 and up comes with ILS since the first batch in 2009.

The FL W212 comes with ILS with 29 LEDs on the Advantgarde models, even for E200. 

W213 doesn't have an ILS option. It's either high performance LED or straight to Multibeam with 84 LEDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waa w213 no ILS option so like that plug & play buy multibeam with 84 LEDs headlamps.

2009 W212 E250 Elegant model think no ILS or Halogen iirc.

is that an upgrade or downgrade with multi beam? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Waa w213 no ILS option so like that plug & play buy multibeam with 84 LEDs headlamps.

2009 W212 E250 Elegant model think no ILS or Halogen iirc.

is that an upgrade or downgrade with multi beam? :)

Upgrade lah unker. Multi beam has more intelligence than the ILS. It will not blind the opposite traffic without dipping the lights as the eye in the headlight will shut some LED light bulbs that blinds the opposite traffic car without compromising the overall lighted field. It will also move in accordance with your steering input above a certain speed. There are more features....need to read up. It’s a more expensive option the old ILS in the previous models. BTW, this multi beam headlight doesn’t pass USA inspection. Hence it’s disallowed there.  Many new USA Merc owners cry father cry mother when their new cars come with normal headlights....cheapening their expensive car look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jtang said:

Upgrade lah unker. Multi beam has more intelligence than the ILS. It will not blind the opposite traffic without dipping the lights as the eye in the headlight will shut some LED light bulbs that blinds the opposite traffic car without compromising the overall lighted field. It will also move in accordance with your steering input above a certain speed. There are more features....need to read up. It’s a more expensive option the old ILS in the previous models. BTW, this multi beam headlight doesn’t pass USA inspection. Hence it’s disallowed there.  Many new USA Merc owners cry father cry mother when their new cars come with normal headlights....cheapening their expensive car look. 

Doc,

Unker no more moolah!

You sponsor me can?

That time reborn, I want to be like you :):)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the detail information. It will appear that going multi beam will be a real upgrade. I found that it will cost $5900 to include this option, so it must be legal in Singapore. But the current ILS came "free" with W212 fl which gives me one more reason to hold on to the old car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now