• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Battery Sign

Lloydhqh

Hi Guys! 

New bird here who is in need of help! Currently, i am driving a w204 c200 kompressor model'08. The Battery Sign appeared on my car this evening, was wondering whether Is it battery low or alternator problem? The Battery was last changed in Feb'17. 

Lets say if it is alternator problem, do you all suggest getting a OEM/Recon set or just repair the alternator? And any idea what is the average price for each? 

IMG-20181117-WA0008.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

did u see this message just after you crank up the engine or during mid way driving?

Actually you can check the battery voltage/ charge level on this car easily...

1. Pre condition :Engine is stop

2. Insert key, turn the key one step(without cranking the engine)

make sure the dash display is at home menu( without all those warning message), if u hv some warning msg, just clear it out by pressing return key

3. Press /hold the phone pickup button- (right steering keypad), follow by ‘ok’ on left steering keypad and hold these two buttons until dash display change 

4 select “vehicle data”, it should display voltage...and ampere.. 

5 start the car normally.... u should be able to see the battery voltage and ampere... and if system is charging , the voltage should be >13v, and the ampere value should be dropping slowly while u driving....( as the battery charged up)...

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Jock said:

Hi guys,

Recently,I sent my car C180,W204-2012 to Autobacs for servicing.Being told my battery only got 60% juice left.Got to change which cost me $480+$20.

Do I wait the dash display appear or change now?

Thanks.

Which brand quoted? $500 seems high for W204. You may wish to search for agm battery in the forum to get the supplier infor which some members have change with before.