• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Interval / Others

Noob

Hi folks,

I've just purchased a C200 CGI model (2010). New to conti ride as well as the brand. A few questions here & i hope to obtain some clarification:

1. What's the recommended NORMAL servicing interval? Every 10km or?

2. What's the recommended MAJOR servicing interval? My ride has 115,000 km.

3.  What's the average cost for a NORMAL & as well as MAJOR servicing? Ballpark figure will do 

4. Recommended workshop. I stay at Serangoon area.

5. How do i turn on the fog lights? I turn the knob to auto but fog lights do not come on.

6. While i can turn on the wipers, i've no idea how to get it to spray water on windshield.

My apologies for the numerous questions but I'm a noob lol. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

1. CNC standard is every 15K. But would suggest every 10K onwards if possible. 

2. Service manual will indicate the required jobs. https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/maintenance_manuals#!year=2011&class=C-Class&engine=undefined

3. U can call workshop for quote based on the required mileage job.

4. Auto Sprite and optima werkz should be around ur area  

5. There should be a fog light button beside the lights knob. Check user manual if can’t find.

6. Press and hold the button on the wiper lever for windscreen spray

W204 user manual

https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2010_c.pdf

On 21/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, Noob said:

Hey thanks....looked thru the manual....managed to toggle on day light (permanently) but was still unable to switch on fog lights. Can't locate any other button or via the settings either....damn.

if fog light (you referring to Day running light), it is automatic. i  am assuming yours is the F/L version.

If yours is the pre F/L, if i rem correctly on my old car, you need to "pull" out the light switch to operate the foglight. But pretty sure the control is in the rotary light switch.

6 hours ago, level z said:

if fog light (you referring to Day running light), it is automatic. i  am assuming yours is the F/L version.

If yours is the pre F/L, if i rem correctly on my old car, you need to "pull" out the light switch to operate the foglight. But pretty sure the control is in the rotary light switch.

Yep I just managed to find out tat I need to pull it out. Was visiting a workshop yesterday n the mechanic showed me how haha. Thanks so much!!!