• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car Interior felt hot after driving

Dcky75

Guys, 

i have noticed that my GLC interior always feel hot after I parked my car. The hotness is not due to parking under the sun. There was once I noticed that the air vents actually blow out hot air after I had parked my car for about 10mins (I was seated inside the car using my handphone). During cool weather, the interior of my car will fog up quite badly after I parked my car for at least 30mins. The fogging is due to usually high interior temperature than the cool temperature outside. Not sure if any of you have experienced this. I think the car may have certain feature to draw in hot air to keep the car interior warm in cold weather. I am not sure if that can be disabled using a OBD scanner. 

Yes that’s exactly what I am experiencing. But I suspected that the warm air is drawn in by the aircon vents. Don’t think the engine compartment heat could pass through so significantly into the cabin. I have told my service advisor and he is trying to find out more. I read somewhere that our car will automatically dry the aircon evaporator for about 30mins after we shut down the engine. That could be the cause of hot air being blown into the cabin. 

On 16 November 2017 at 0:24 PM, Josh21 said:

Yups. I do feel that its a little warmer than usual when i get back into the car after parking for a bit even under the shade.

Will raise it up to my SE as well.

My SE says no one else has raised this before.. :cool: 

I'll monitor for a while to see if it persists. Will bring it down if it stays the same.

• 4 weeks later...

i did notice this as well. there was once i went to car to grab something, (has been parked for 30mins or so) the vents were actually blowing air out. its warm and moist air (like most of the guys mentioned here, rainy/wet periods) i guess this is the culprit of the fogging up. 

with the amount of moisture the cabin is exposed too, not sure if we'll gonna start having mould growing somewhere and/or mouldy smell. 

always thought its the car's design to ventilate the cabin or something. would be interested to know if its actually some fault we have in this car. 

On 25 December 2017 at 9:43 AM, fergo84 said:

i did notice this as well. there was once i went to car to grab something, (has been parked for 30mins or so) the vents were actually blowing air out. its warm and moist air (like most of the guys mentioned here, rainy/wet periods) i guess this is the culprit of the fogging up. 

with the amount of moisture the cabin is exposed too, not sure if we'll gonna start having mould growing somewhere and/or mouldy smell. 

always thought its the car's design to ventilate the cabin or something. would be interested to know if its actually some fault we have in this car. 

Having excessive moisture in the car is definitely not ideal. Maybe this self ventilation function works in overseas climate where the air is relatively dry but not in Sg. Can I asked if those who faced this issue is C&C car or largely PI? If it is PI, our cars might not have been localised prior to exporting into Sg. Need to find a solution to disable this function. 

24 minutes ago, Dcky75 said:

Having excessive moisture in the car is definitely not ideal. Maybe this self ventilation function works in overseas climate where the air is relatively dry but not in Sg. Can I asked if those who faced this issue is C&C car or largely PI? If it is PI, our cars might not have been localised prior to exporting into Sg. Need to find a solution to disable this function. 

my previous AD and current PI car have the same issue though current car seems to be less warm.

1 hour ago, Dcky75 said:

mine is PI

On 26/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, Denn said:

It could be the AC temperature setting is above 22 degree where the heater valve is activated that causing this effect after a restart.

Try to lower down the temp setting and see how.

Don’t think is aircon temperature. I usually set my temperature to the lowest. 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...