Dcky75

Car Interior felt hot after driving

21 posts in this topic

Guys, 

i have noticed that my GLC interior always feel hot after I parked my car. The hotness is not due to parking under the sun. There was once I noticed that the air vents actually blow out hot air after I had parked my car for about 10mins (I was seated inside the car using my handphone). During cool weather, the interior of my car will fog up quite badly after I parked my car for at least 30mins. The fogging is due to usually high interior temperature than the cool temperature outside. Not sure if any of you have experienced this. I think the car may have certain feature to draw in hot air to keep the car interior warm in cold weather. I am not sure if that can be disabled using a OBD scanner. 

CLA also have the same issues. This is noticeable especially when you return to the car after a short while you off the engine.

i believe is the heat from the engine compartment manage to infiltrate into the car cabin. 

Yes that’s exactly what I am experiencing. But I suspected that the warm air is drawn in by the aircon vents. Don’t think the engine compartment heat could pass through so significantly into the cabin. I have told my service advisor and he is trying to find out more. I read somewhere that our car will automatically dry the aircon evaporator for about 30mins after we shut down the engine. That could be the cause of hot air being blown into the cabin. 

Yups. I do feel that its a little warmer than usual when i get back into the car after parking for a bit even under the shade.

Will raise it up to my SE as well.

Haha, so it is not only me. Noticed it especially if it is raining, as it will fogged up

8 hours ago, JohnnyKOK said:

Haha, so it is not only me. Noticed it especially if it is raining, as it will fogged up

Yups. Got that too... the fogging up...

On 16 November 2017 at 0:24 PM, Josh21 said:

Yups. I do feel that its a little warmer than usual when i get back into the car after parking for a bit even under the shade.

Will raise it up to my SE as well.

My SE says no one else has raised this before.. :cool: 

I'll monitor for a while to see if it persists. Will bring it down if it stays the same.

My SE said the same thing too. But it does looks like we are having the same problem. How unlucky. 

yup... im also hvng the same problem.... fogging in the car!!!!  ?????

1 person likes this

Same issue on w205 as well.will raise during my next service and share resolutions if any 

1 person likes this

Yah the fogging problem is more prominent during this rainy and cool season. I have informed my PI and they will see if there is a solution. Pls share if any of you manage to find a solution. 

I recall there is a YouTube video using shaving cream to apply windscreen to prevent fogging

i did notice this as well. there was once i went to car to grab something, (has been parked for 30mins or so) the vents were actually blowing air out. its warm and moist air (like most of the guys mentioned here, rainy/wet periods) i guess this is the culprit of the fogging up. 

with the amount of moisture the cabin is exposed too, not sure if we'll gonna start having mould growing somewhere and/or mouldy smell. 

always thought its the car's design to ventilate the cabin or something. would be interested to know if its actually some fault we have in this car. 

On 25 December 2017 at 9:43 AM, fergo84 said:

i did notice this as well. there was once i went to car to grab something, (has been parked for 30mins or so) the vents were actually blowing air out. its warm and moist air (like most of the guys mentioned here, rainy/wet periods) i guess this is the culprit of the fogging up. 

with the amount of moisture the cabin is exposed too, not sure if we'll gonna start having mould growing somewhere and/or mouldy smell. 

always thought its the car's design to ventilate the cabin or something. would be interested to know if its actually some fault we have in this car. 

Having excessive moisture in the car is definitely not ideal. Maybe this self ventilation function works in overseas climate where the air is relatively dry but not in Sg. Can I asked if those who faced this issue is C&C car or largely PI? If it is PI, our cars might not have been localised prior to exporting into Sg. Need to find a solution to disable this function. 

24 minutes ago, Dcky75 said:

Having excessive moisture in the car is definitely not ideal. Maybe this self ventilation function works in overseas climate where the air is relatively dry but not in Sg. Can I asked if those who faced this issue is C&C car or largely PI? If it is PI, our cars might not have been localised prior to exporting into Sg. Need to find a solution to disable this function. 

my previous AD and current PI car have the same issue though current car seems to be less warm.

Not sure if this is related, the engine fan runs at full speed for about 15 seconds after i shut down the engine.

Maybe its pushing the warm moist air into the cabin.

1 hour ago, Dcky75 said:

mine is PI

It could be the AC temperature setting is above 22 degree where the heater valve is activated that causing this effect after a restart.

Try to lower down the temp setting and see how.

On 26/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, Denn said:

It could be the AC temperature setting is above 22 degree where the heater valve is activated that causing this effect after a restart.

Try to lower down the temp setting and see how.

Don’t think is aircon temperature. I usually set my temperature to the lowest. 

On 26/12/2017 at 0:28 PM, joecamel said:

Not sure if this is related, the engine fan runs at full speed for about 15 seconds after i shut down the engine.

Maybe its pushing the warm moist air into the cabin.

I don’t think I have seen this this for my ride.