• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LTA check CNG/NGT vehicle

tanwill

My unde5rstanding is :

Based on LTA officer explanation .

LTA wants the MFG of CNG kit to certify that the car is safe before allowing CNG system removal ( sw disable for MB cos Diamler refuses to allow removal ) .

C&C refuses to certify unless the system is intact because they are "unsure" of the system if any parts are missing . Cos they are "Liable" , think safety and insurance related , no one wants to be the scapegoat. So no third party CNG system operators cos they cannot be liable for MB CNG system.

Therefore , NGT owners course of action : Get all parts back into the car . Send to C&C , certify . C&C will send paperwork and car to LTA for inspection . Inspection OK , apply for CNG system disablement. After C&C disable system then car shows as pure petrol car .

Why disable ? Cos you don't want another CNG inspection which demands a working system.

1 hour ago, Blue211 said:

My unde5rstanding is :

Based on LTA officer explanation .

LTA wants the MFG of CNG kit to certify that the car is safe before allowing CNG system removal ( sw disable for MB cos Diamler refuses to allow removal ) .

C&C refuses to certify unless the system is intact because they are "unsure" of the system if any parts are missing . Cos they are "Liable" , think safety and insurance related , no one wants to be the scapegoat. So no third party CNG system operators cos they cannot be liable for MB CNG system.

Therefore , NGT owners course of action : Get all parts back into the car . Send to C&C , certify . C&C will send paperwork and car to LTA for inspection . Inspection OK , apply for CNG system disablement. After C&C disable system then car shows as pure petrol car .

Why disable ? Cos you don't want another CNG inspection which demands a working system.

one more last step actually, this step is also the most important step as in the eyes of LTA, pay back the remaining green rebates left for your car before LTA will grant the disablement.

23 hours ago, Blue211 said:

For me and Nita , we have new coe , parf forfieted , so no green rebates for LTA but still they won't open the door of convenience for us .

I agree Blue.  I feel like meeting up with my constituency MP.  Haha.

It clearly does not make any sense to spend an exorbitant amount of monies for something that you are going to disable and prefer to have it removed otherwise.

Hi Blue

On wed 25 aug i was at LTA to try to appeal to them to relax a bit on their stringent ruling. Instead the officer gave me a lead that there is an ngt merc coming in to Hup Lee Leong Hardware that afternoon to scrap. Make me go a wild goose chase! Hup Lee said they have no information at all about this matter. No merc came in at all the whole day. So...i am still left with no tanks.

6 hours ago, nita said:

Hi Blue

On wed 25 aug i was at LTA to try to appeal to them to relax a bit on their stringent ruling. Instead the officer gave me a lead that there is an ngt merc coming in to Hup Lee Leong Hardware that afternoon to scrap. Make me go a wild goose chase! Hup Lee said they have no information at all about this matter. No merc came in at all the whole day. So...i am still left with no tanks.

I had the same tough luck going round island to hunt for used W211 parts.

One scrapyard worker told me that W211 is quite in demand for overseas market.

The scrapyard usually export the whole car instead of dismantling it.

Even for W211 scrapped due to accident, the scrapyard will get good profit by repairing and then exporting it out.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Blue

Am so happy for you.  Your ordeal will finally be over.  Mine is still unresolved. Since our last communication i had approached my MP on 2 separate occassions. On both instances LTA said they could not do much but to get High Speed motor dealer to commit to a certain timeline to procure the tanks. And that deadline is fast approaching!

May i know, Blue, how much does it cost you to disable the tanks at c&c please?

As for me, although i had passed the inspection but again LTA had send me another inpsection letter in Nov 2017. (Had total went for 3 inspection in 2017 !)

Fed-up, decided to buy a CLA and over-trade at C&C.

Case closed for me now with thanks to LTA.

*my initial plan is to extend the COE for the NGT.

23 hours ago, tanwill said:

As for me, although i had passed the inspection but again LTA had send me another inpsection letter in Nov 2017. (Had total went for 3 inspection in 2017 !)

Fed-up, decided to buy a CLA and over-trade at C&C.

Case close for me now with thanks to LTA.

*my initial plan for the extend the COE for the NGT.

Congrats on your new ride! Enjoy!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

1 hour ago, tanwill said:

Thanks bro.

How your "C" ?

New ride again ?

What C?

What new ride again? :lol:

No more young, no more changing cars so often like last time (2009 to 2012)

Driving my old late 2011 PFLW212 - 7Gtronics

Done all the major repairs ----ouch!

1. Timing Cam gears

2. Gearbox PCBA

3. Turbo oil leakage

Now I am working in Jakarta - Bought a new Toyota Fortuner here 3 months back - price <1/3 of a new one in Sg:lol:

Come back for weekends every 3 to 4 weeks.

The old E nowadays hardly driven other than my wife bring my son to school nearby & his sport activities.

Probably renew 10 years COE.

See how first!

Still mulling - OMV near $60K but hard to find a car with what I want.

a. Pano-roof

b. Original Command

c. Rear Auto-Screen

d. Rear windows original manual blinds

e. ILS

f. Memory package

g. Parktronics

Still has the original MB Rear Entertainment System - not installed

Wanted to downgrade last year.

Looked at the new Camry 2.5, Madza 6 Wagon, Peugeot 508 Wagon & Honda Accord

IMHO - Old E still better!:lol:

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nita , if you can , get High Speed Motor to buy and get the tanks from tanwill's old car .
The service advisor told me they are waiting for you to come ..... because your case is with LTA and C&C .
We paid a total of s$4200 to become a "pure" petrol car with useless tanks in the backside. And s$500 + s$300 to get a scrape car tanks and fabricated brackets ( wasted cos c&c change back to MB brackets ) .
Without MP letter, the parts alone will costs s$5000 , mp letter, LTA principal engineer letter and then c&c workshop manager is able to reduce the parts as I said I will NEVER pump CNG anymore and since going to disable , some parts should no longer be required . But the tanks seems to be "critical" , which is strange to me as we are not going to use CNG anymore ....

Hey Blue!

This is great news. And how do i get in touch with tanwill?

Sorry...and who is this service advisor, please?

Thus far there has not been any calls or updates from c&c or lta pertaining to my case.