tanwill

LTA check CNG/NGT vehicle

115 posts in this topic

ya.. inspection letter have our original rim size. but noone commented on my 19". lol

My unde5rstanding is :

Based on LTA officer explanation .

LTA wants the MFG of CNG kit to certify that the car is safe before allowing CNG system removal ( sw disable for MB cos Diamler refuses to allow removal ) .

C&C refuses to certify unless the system is intact because they are "unsure" of the system if any parts are missing . Cos they are "Liable" , think safety and insurance related , no one wants to be the scapegoat. So no third party CNG system operators cos they cannot be liable for MB CNG system.

Therefore , NGT owners course of action : Get all parts back into the car . Send to C&C , certify . C&C will send paperwork and car to LTA for inspection . Inspection OK , apply for CNG system disablement. After C&C disable system then car shows as pure petrol car .

Why disable ? Cos you don't want another CNG inspection which demands a working system.

1c4fad6.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Blue211 said:

My unde5rstanding is :

Based on LTA officer explanation .

LTA wants the MFG of CNG kit to certify that the car is safe before allowing CNG system removal ( sw disable for MB cos Diamler refuses to allow removal ) .

C&C refuses to certify unless the system is intact because they are "unsure" of the system if any parts are missing . Cos they are "Liable" , think safety and insurance related , no one wants to be the scapegoat. So no third party CNG system operators cos they cannot be liable for MB CNG system.

Therefore , NGT owners course of action : Get all parts back into the car . Send to C&C , certify . C&C will send paperwork and car to LTA for inspection . Inspection OK , apply for CNG system disablement. After C&C disable system then car shows as pure petrol car .

Why disable ? Cos you don't want another CNG inspection which demands a working system.

one more last step actually, this step is also the most important step as in the eyes of LTA, pay back the remaining green rebates left for your car before LTA will grant the disablement.

For me and Nita , we have new coe , parf forfieted , so no green rebates for LTA but still they won't open the door of convenience for us .

Parts list total $3k + . Part numbers in the pdf file .

On 8/21/2017 at 1:48 AM, contradanza said:

ya.. inspection letter have our original rim size. but noone commented on my 19". lol

Lucky you!  😉

23 hours ago, Blue211 said:

For me and Nita , we have new coe , parf forfieted , so no green rebates for LTA but still they won't open the door of convenience for us .

I agree Blue.  I feel like meeting up with my constituency MP.  Haha.

It clearly does not make any sense to spend an exorbitant amount of monies for something that you are going to disable and prefer to have it removed otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Blue211 said:

Parts list total $3k + . Part numbers in the pdf file .

Oh gosh!!  😣

Hi Blue

On wed 25 aug i was at LTA to try to appeal to them to relax a bit on their stringent ruling. Instead the officer gave me a lead that there is an ngt merc coming in to Hup Lee Leong Hardware that afternoon to scrap. Make me go a wild goose chase! Hup Lee said they have no information at all about this matter. No merc came in at all the whole day. So...i am still left with no tanks.

6 hours ago, nita said:

Hi Blue

On wed 25 aug i was at LTA to try to appeal to them to relax a bit on their stringent ruling. Instead the officer gave me a lead that there is an ngt merc coming in to Hup Lee Leong Hardware that afternoon to scrap. Make me go a wild goose chase! Hup Lee said they have no information at all about this matter. No merc came in at all the whole day. So...i am still left with no tanks.

I had the same tough luck going round island to hunt for used W211 parts.

One scrapyard worker told me that W211 is quite in demand for overseas market.

The scrapyard usually export the whole car instead of dismantling it.

Even for W211 scrapped due to accident, the scrapyard will get good profit by repairing and then exporting it out.

Other than Nita and myself , is there anyone still haven't resolve the NGT incomplete issue ?

Hi Nita, how is your search so far ?

Hi Blue

Still no luck.  I just extended my test date for another month.