• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C200 - Sudden lose of Power

Hi Bros,

Can anyone help to advice on follow issue?

My C200 (2008 Model) experience lose of power (gear shift only kick in at 3500/4000 rpm in worst case). Initial finding was the turbo hose was broken and i have replaced with new set since but the issue persist. No error message prompt so far and following error code was found:

1) Rear SAM - Rear Signal aquistion and actuation module(N10/2) - mechanic said this shouldn't cause the sudden lose of power

2) CGW[ZGW] - Cebtral gateway(CGW[ZGW])

My mechanic said it is hard to tell what went wrong(probably need to change turbo compressor) but since I am scraping the car in 2018 Jan I don't want to change part unnecessary unless verified.

Any brother with similar issue please do advice me.

Thanks a million!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C200 yr 2008 should be super charged.

I experience power loss once with my c200 yr 2007 w204. It was traced to the throttle valve body controlling flow of air into the supercharger. Throttle valve body $560, Labour $200. 

o2 sensor failure will cause power lost.

Gear shift is adaptive to your driving habit. It can be "re-set" via this procedures. 

my 2 cent's.

Hope you can quickly resolve your issue.

You are welcome buddy !!

PM me if u need help, i can recommend a reasonable price mechanic in Ubi.

If it is the throttle body issue, it will give a fault code. Maybe you could share the code captured so far and see if the seniors here can help more.

Cheers.

I just did a fault code scan with the garage, one fault came out:

- P0491 Secondary Air Injection System Insufficient Flow Bank 1 (mechanic said there was this hose that came loose and he had fixed it back. There shouldn't be any more problem and he erased it.

But I am still seeing gear shift at 3500 to 4000rpm when I ramp the pedal. is this normal gear shift under C mode?

I am pretty new here, can you teach me how to pm you?

Thanks bro!!

Hi,

M271 is using the supercharger as the source of air pump, to inject extra air into the exhaust during cold start to help emission control  (@ this moment,  the car idle RPM will be higher for short moment ), some other Merc engine  is using electrical pump, but not M271  ..

There are two key components on this, 1) is the secondary actuator solenoid, 2) vacuum operate secondary air valve .. the 1) basically is an electrical solenoid, which control the vacuum to the 2) secondary air valve, that control the open/close of the air (from supercharger) to bleed into the exhaust .. (by right, it should only operate a short while during cold start)

For my W204, , it has  been running with intermittent lack of power  , more like NA car for a while, no code, I even connected OBD reader to monitor  parameters during running, can't really see what was wrong  .., in the end, it's the vacuum hose that close to the coolant pipe (which is constantly expose to high heat)  that has been slowly disintegrated and perhaps leak .. & causing intermittent air valve open & supercharge air bleed to exhaust (& boost lost) ..

Well,  the solution is simple, I just got 1m silicon vacuum hose from aliexpress (cost ~ $3) .. & replace it .. (highlight in pix on those  blue hose) .. if your car is 7-8 years old, good to check & replace it .. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

• 1 year later...

hi

my clc180k had a sudden lose power after slowing down from high speed. then when this happen, reverse gear cant engage also. swift to park mode and back reverse gear, can engage already.

restart engine, its back to normal again.

any1 able to advice?

thanks

• 8 months later...
On 4/27/2017 at 5:52 PM, catfish said:

Hi,

M271 is using the supercharger as the source of air pump, to inject extra air into the exhaust during cold start to help emission control  (@ this moment,  the car idle RPM will be higher for short moment ), some other Merc engine  is using electrical pump, but not M271  ..

There are two key components on this, 1) is the secondary actuator solenoid, 2) vacuum operate secondary air valve .. the 1) basically is an electrical solenoid, which control the vacuum to the 2) secondary air valve, that control the open/close of the air (from supercharger) to bleed into the exhaust .. (by right, it should only operate a short while during cold start)

For my W204, , it has  been running with intermittent lack of power  , more like NA car for a while, no code, I even connected OBD reader to monitor  parameters during running, can't really see what was wrong  .., in the end, it's the vacuum hose that close to the coolant pipe (which is constantly expose to high heat)  that has been slowly disintegrated and perhaps leak .. & causing intermittent air valve open & supercharge air bleed to exhaust (& boost lost) ..

Well,  the solution is simple, I just got 1m silicon vacuum hose from aliexpress (cost ~ $3) .. & replace it .. (highlight in pix on those  blue hose) .. if your car is 7-8 years old, good to check & replace it .. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hi Catfish , did u also change the supercharger pipe? I suspect mine is leaking as well..... Do u know where to get and whats the part num?

Thanks.

Hi, 

yes, I changed the supercharge pipe as well, as the rubber harden... if I remember correctly, it costs me $21... and 15min simple diy job..

I don’t hv the part number, what I did was,  I drove to the stockist( PAS AUTO, sin ming) and shown them the pipe I needed..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

FullSizeRender.jpg

neat job with the replacement!

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2017 at 5:52 PM, catfish said:

Hi,

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hi, do you mind sharing the thickness of the blue hose? Thank you 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hello, can let me know what is the diameter of the silicon hose that mentioned? Because it has different sizes, 14mm, 16mm, 19mm and 22mm. Thanks.