• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Good accessories for A180

SGeagleF15

Hi all,

I am at a lost here, I read through the forum but cannot figure out which brand and model of white light bulbs is suitable for the A180?  

Which one is LTA approved, durable and bright?

i don't want to change the headlight assembly just the light bulbs.

Appreciate if someone can provide some guidance and feedback.

regards

Edited by SGeagleF15
Add comment

All aftermarket white bulbs will not pass inspection according to the different mechanics that I have spoken to. I'm on Philips Diamond Vision 5000K (H7) for low beam and just changed to MTEC 4350K (H15) for high beam. H15 white halogen bulbs are hard to find.

As for brightness and throw, stock bulbs are better. Personally, I find Diamond Vision good enough for Singapore's well lit roads. Durability wise, my current set of Diamond Vision are coming to 4 years now and still going strong. 

• Like 1

Hi all, Here's a guide for anyone who wants to download their fav music from Spotify (Paid / premium account) to play on their car.

Spotify to USB guide

1) open Spotify app on macIMG_3116.thumb.JPG.f10564f62568f268b5c465a74b87c25d.JPG

2) open DRM tool which can read Spotify playlist.IMG_3117.thumb.JPG.fa51b87333c53a0d0e7f2a826c551e37.JPG

3) open files (drag Spotify playlist you want into app).IMG_3119.PNG.60c461d7dc03597041e93deffc7d1994.PNG

4) wait for translation (50songs about 30mins)

5) copy files to USB drive and insert it into merc USB port.IMG_3115.thumb.JPG.1be33b2e706f6fdc653af0642850510d.JPG

6) select USB storage from audio on your comand system.IMG_3113.thumb.JPG.edeaae3e91a730e29a7ce83bbea69387.JPG

😁 Enjoy your fav song without mobile data or when traveling.

**Disclaimer** it is mentioned on several websites,DRM removal tool usage on paid music is valid.  Thus on that basis I have posted the guide here.  Admin feel free to remove if you find guide as inappropriate.

source : https://drm-wizard.com/sidify-apple-music-converter-review.html

Hi all, I just found another site which sells the seat cover for a180 and it looks even better!! 😱 Too bad I bought it already.  Take a look at the samples here. https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=535279471435

IMG_0528.thumb.PNG.3cc75da79f67c5bf3e2af5e32b4adbad.PNG

Love the black and red stripe design 😍.  This is how the seats cover are held in place. (Velcro or a cover.)IMG_0502.thumb.PNG.f31a21f691fbd4fe3af7a3f0e0ae08fb.PNG

• Like 1

Hi all, updates on the seats cover. It is arriving tonight. 😊

IMG_3266.PNG.71aa28db21f5d87fb1e9be680241a9be.PNGIMG_3265.PNG.1710aed5a39aedf808446173369c61d2.PNG

The unexpected happen 😑 (Revised delivery date Est wed)

IMG_3285.PNG.117dffdb876f068a71c0154232c83893.PNG

17/04/2017 >> 😖 Fail to deliver again... detail update of product, process, and company will be provided once item finally arrives..

18/04/2017 >> sent email to ezbuy and SMS no response.. Looks like no one is there?

Feedback on EZ buy

Item : leather seat cover

Background:

1. Item arrived in SG but fail to deliver on 16/04 (company's vehicle Broke down and unable to deliver.) 

2. Sent SMS on new delivery date for 17/04 by 10pm, but fail to deliver

3. Since 18/04 till *date no emails or SMS on revised delivery date or any other updates.

4. Delivery and admin staff not contactable (for 4 days)

5. Company sets an odd timing for delivery up to 10pm? (Companies which set this odd hour delivery should make good on their commitment)

6. Fail to deliver for 5 consecutive Days.

7. Does not provide any form of updates.

Conclusion :

Avoid ezbuy and look else where to buy the leather seat cover. I am sure there are other companies with better logistic record..

Next course of action :

1. Request for refund...

2. *No replies till date on refund or delivery.  Radio silence..

3. Failed to deliver Separate  item since Monday as well, supposed to deliver 19/04 @ 10pm. Sent 2 SMS at 2am in the morning telling ppl they got issues 4hrs after they failed delivery (seriously??)

Edited by SGeagleF15
* Updates on comment 20/04

8 hours ago, Pyro said:

Bro, I am looking for GLA boot liner. When I search using the EZ buy, nothing came out. How did u search? Typing English?

Bro,

dare not recommend ezbuy after all the delivery issues I was facing. Till today no one called me back.  It is hard to trust them after 5 failed deliveries...

i found what you need at other taobao shops, GLA boot liner >> https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=544583127516   Note : I have not tried sgbuy so not sure if they are good, so please do your own due diligence before buying.

General search query for anything GLA

https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchlist?searchKey=Mercedes+gla

Pss bro, poison Choi but ex

https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=547485428048

In addition, I think ezbuy remove all automobile Items related to Mercedes, that is why you can not find any thing.

Edited by SGeagleF15
Add comment

3 hours ago, SGeagleF15 said:

Bro,

dare not recommend ezbuy after all the delivery issues I was facing. Till today no one called me back.  It is hard to trust them after 5 failed deliveries...

i found what you need at other taobao shops, GLA boot liner >> https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=544583127516   Note : I have not tried sgbuy so not sure if they are good, so please do your own due diligence before buying.

General search query for anything GLA

https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchlist?searchKey=Mercedes+gla

Pss bro, poison Choi but ex

https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=547485428048

In addition, I think ezbuy remove all automobile Items related to Mercedes, that is why you can not find any thing.

Sorry to read about the delivery nightmares. Hopefully it can be sorted out soon. 

I have been using ezbuy's "ship for me" service for both US and China purchases for years now and never had any issues. Fast, convenient and effective. Have not tried their "buy for me" or bought from their e-store directly before so can't comment on that. And I never had to call their customer service so can't comment on that as well.

On 21/04/2017 at 10:13 AM, clariwee said:

Sorry to read about the delivery nightmares. Hopefully it can be sorted out soon. 

I have been using ezbuy's "ship for me" service for both US and China purchases for years now and never had any issues. Fast, convenient and effective. Have not tried their "buy for me" or bought from their e-store directly before so can't comment on that. And I never had to call their customer service so can't comment on that as well.

Yeh, initially they are pretty good, I am not sure what happen to them now...

On 22/04/2017 at 1:44 PM, Pyro said:

Thanks bro for your help!! The key fob cover indeed is poison!!! I'm almost sold on it! 😀

Don't mentioned it 😊

Btw for any hardware or electrical related stuff please refer to local shops listing on sgmercs.

* I know it's tempting but better not buy mech/ elect parts from unknown sources.

Edited by SGeagleF15

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2017 at 11:24 PM, SGeagleF15 said:

Hi all, I just found another site which sells the seat cover for a180 and it looks even better!! 😱 Too bad I bought it already.  Take a look at the samples here. https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=535279471435

IMG_0528.thumb.PNG.3cc75da79f67c5bf3e2af5e32b4adbad.PNG

Love the black and red stripe design 😍.  This is how the seats cover are held in place. (Velcro or a cover.)IMG_0502.thumb.PNG.f31a21f691fbd4fe3af7a3f0e0ae08fb.PNG

Thanks for the info bro.

If local got shop for this will be good.

3 hours ago, petetherock said:

There may be local alternatives, but given our high overheads, the prices will be quite different..

Agree with Petetherock.  For small ticket items ($50 and below) it is fine to buy from overseas.  

As for large ticket items (>$50) buy at own risk.  My 2cents it is just not worth the trouble, time and risk.