• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG Bodykits for W205

On 26 August 2016 at 11:30 PM, Sorchio 1 said:

Hi Bros,

Did anybody install aftermarket AMG bodykit for W205 yet? If so, any feedback? Heard the fitment can be misaligned and tend to have some wave effect on the kits after awhile. Please advise. Thks  

So far the aftermarket bodykits I've seen fit quite well. Depends on where and who you get the kit from, of course there are lower quality kits in the market too.

4 hours ago, Sorchio 1 said:

Hi Mark, 

Which are the better workshops that I can try? Benzline is only doing the original ones.  JSM has got the kits but just wondering any Bros here fitted the kit from them before. Any review?

They're not bad, I know of a few members who got their kit from them. Friendly and accommodating boss. Alternatively you can consult Sonic Racing, Miracle Workz or GMS. 

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Darkseid said:

Hi whats the difference between the "original c63 amg kit" and the other similar kits?  Is the material inferior or is the fitting bad?  Tks

W205 C63 amg kit front bumper is diff from normal amg line kit if not wrong. 

I do find the avantgarde chrome lip which stretches from the front, to side skirts and rear bumper very classy and nice, executive look.

AMG and C63 more sporty, as its bigger and makes your ride looks lower. But agree, not much diff btw avantgarde and AMG front bumper.

Thanks folks for the feedback.  And I agree with your comments.  However the so called "AMG" line that c&c sells as a kit does not have the same goodies as similar kits in the USA or Europe.  For e.g. AMG line in Europe includes sun-roof and Avantgarte line in US comes with 18" rims in some US dealers.

Also, a distinction has to be made between a simple "AMG" kit from c&c and a full C63 AMG and Barbarus kit which are only installed in outside workshop. These come with Quad exhausts or tips and Diffusers and some also have Vavletronic management systems and c63 Bonnets.  

However what i meant to ask was the difference in the pricing of the same kits from outside workshops.  Sorry i was not very clear in my question.  If u take a look for example at a full c63 AMG kit which includes quads exhausts and c63 bonnet etc, there is a huge difference in pricing from over $5k to over $18k.   I wont name the workshops and can pm if u need a quote. But I struggle to understand the difference in pricing for what is apparently the same full c63 AMG kit?  Are the cheaper workshops using inferior ill-fitting kits or are the more expensive workshops taking us for a ride?

2 hours ago, Darkseid said:

Thanks folks for the feedback.  And I agree with your comments.  However the so called "AMG" line that c&c sells as a kit does not have the same goodies as similar kits in the USA or Europe.  For e.g. AMG line in Europe includes sun-roof and Avantgarte line in US comes with 18" rims in some US dealers.

Also, a distinction has to be made between a simple "AMG" kit from c&c and a full C63 AMG and Barbarus kit which are only installed in outside workshop. These come with Quad exhausts or tips and Diffusers and some also have Vavletronic management systems and c63 Bonnets.  

However what i meant to ask was the difference in the pricing of the same kits from outside workshops.  Sorry i was not very clear in my question.  If u take a look for example at a full c63 AMG kit which includes quads exhausts and c63 bonnet etc, there is a huge difference in pricing from over $5k to over $18k.   I wont name the workshops and can pm if u need a quote. But I struggle to understand the difference in pricing for what is apparently the same full c63 AMG kit?  Are the cheaper workshops using inferior ill-fitting kits or are the more expensive workshops taking us for a ride?

Amg line actually quite the same between US and UK specs. some region may throw in additional addon like sunroof /navi etc.

Amg line is more of the sporty mod over the avantgrade and dun really replace the real amg bodykit completely  

Amg line also consist of interior trims which outside workshop may not be able to provide. 

Pricing wise could be due to the quality and fitment of the body kit , these are after all OEM (copied)_... if original ones may cost a lot.. at least 3 times more. i also realized OEM kits tend to look really bad or easily cracked after a few years, but don take my words for it... some are good too, costing a bit more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tks Superman.  I understand that.  That's what the workshop tells me too, that the original is from Germany. But how do I know I am really getting a bona fide German made original kit?

I may end up paying the price of a "Original" kit but end up with a Taiwan made kit :(

Maybe I can I ask for their purchase invoice but that wont look good leh.

And someone mentioned Miracle Workz above.  Are they the same as Miracle Body Workz ?  Is this recommended reliable workshop?  Miracle Body Workz at 48 Toh Guan Road East #04-126 Enterprise Hub S(608586)

On 9/12/2017 at 9:22 AM, Darkseid said:

Tks Superman.  I understand that.  That's what the workshop tells me too, that the original is from Germany. But how do I know I am really getting a bona fide German made original kit?

I may end up paying the price of a "Original" kit but end up with a Taiwan made kit :(

Maybe I can I ask for their purchase invoice but that wont look good leh.

And someone mentioned Miracle Workz above.  Are they the same as Miracle Body Workz ?  Is this recommended reliable workshop?  Miracle Body Workz at 48 Toh Guan Road East #04-126 Enterprise Hub S(608586)

Yes Miracle Workz at Toh Guan. I got my W204 C63 kit from him.. made in Taiwan version.. Maybe you can check with him if he has original ones or not.

• 1 year later...

been a year since i saw this thread.. finally getting my w205 c180. Anyone has updates on where to get the AMG sports kit changed? Be it genuine or aftermarket (so long as reasonably fitting), and how much of a hole am i going to burn in my pocket? Many thx

On 8/28/2016 at 9:09 AM, MarkCWQ said:

W205 Avantgarde

W205_Avantgarde.jpg

W205 Sports Kit aka AMG Kit

W205 Sports Kit.jpg

W205 C63 AMG

W205 C63 AMG.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 27/03/2019 at 7:33 AM, darksaint said:

Can check w Tyre shops like top93 or hurry tyres to see if they have. Else got to order through stockist 

hi dark saint, have check with se, seems like no one carry the amg black rims, may i know who is the stockist?