• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Remote unable to open Boot

Dirtxtreme

Hi all, I'm new to Merc and I just got a used C180 CGI 1.8 (2010).

i have been trying to open my boot via the remote(key) but no response from the boot.

I have no issue to open from the driver door button and at the button itself on the boot.

Anyone has any advise? I just got it 2days, text the car dealer but no response from them.

There r few other issue on the audio system as well. Will share in a separate thread.

hi,

I also have similar ignorant experience, when I got my car, I thought the wiper water pump malfunction.. Despite pressing the signal stalk multiple time, only wiper move but no water ...

After 2 mths, reading some oversea forum, I then realised I need to press really hard until the click ....   

Welcome to quirky world of Mercedes Benz. Do note that the aircon recirculation function is set opened by default everytime u start the engine. It will deactivate after 10-20 mins of drive everytime it's pressed. It's perfectly normal.....it's a safety feature to ensure fresh air gets into the cabin to prevent the driver from getting drowsy. Don't ask me why....I think it's dumb.

Hi,

I have the air-cond initial odor issues after car park for long ... (seems quite a common issues for Merc)..

Learn from oversea forum,  sprayed lysol to the air-cond fan intake (engine compartment, remove the cover next to battery), problem will go away for week, but come back shortly...

After many tries debug, I realise it is due the the opening of the vent when you first start the car , at that moment, the air-cond ventilation fan supposed to suck in fresh air from outside for short moment before close it up .. ... but this action also suck in some bad odor gas from outside ( still not sure exactly what/where is the source.., could be from battery)...

As no brainer solution, I went to those cheap convenient shop & get duct tape .. & use it to cover up the fresh air intake window .. :D

Well, one stone kill two birds.. now my car no more bad odor when start my car/air-cond ..and moreover, no more suck in 'fresh' air from outside after a while .  

Bro catfish....no need to go to such extreme. Try my method that I did for my previous ride W204 C250...it works pretty well, even when there's haze.

post-178-0-83181600-1464777241_thumb.jpeg

post-178-0-66406400-1464777251_thumb.jpeg

post-178-0-00571500-1464777260_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Bro Jtang

Thanks for the suggestion, my original goal is not to block haze or smoke , but to resolve the air-cond smelly sock problem during initiate few sec after car/aircond start.

Therefore I went for the drastic approach, totally block off the intake window....  seems the "smell sock odor" is originated from outside somewhere near the wiper area.. but exact, I have no idea yet..

All my previous car, I always permanently on the air recirculation mode, so I don't think I miss anything  :D

The sour smell u get (we all get) is the aircon filter being dirty bro....I change it every 10k km service. Or u can DIY. I posted a DIY thread for changing aircon filter...go do a search.

Hi,

Honestly I do not think the bad smell comes from dirty cabin filter, my filter just DIY changed & odor came back within 2 wks.. 

Also , when I get close to the old filter, the odor didn't smell the same to me (at least to my nose)..

Based on my own experience, after I close-up the opening outside, the smelly sock odor so far didn't reoccur... 

• 1 year later...
On 29/05/2016 at 10:32 PM, Dirtxtreme said:

Hi all, I'm new to Merc and I just got a used C180 CGI 1.8 (2010).

i have been trying to open my boot via the remote(key) but no response from the boot.

I have no issue to open from the driver door button and at the button itself on the boot.

Anyone has any advise? I just got it 2days, text the car dealer but no response from them.

There r few other issue on the audio system as well. Will share in a separate thread.

Where is the button at the driver seat to open the car boot? Haha..