• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Period between registration and handover of car

Ivo

Does anyone recall how long is the waiting time between registration and collection of your car from C&C?

I was told it'd take 3 days to 'do up' the car - this internal process of C&C does not seem at all customer centric. 

Does anyone know from their SE what the 2 - 3 days are for?

If to install solar film, paint protection etc, I would have thought these could be done before LTA registration.

Being a company that carries premium brands, the C&C mgmt could do better by closing this gap.

9 days for me.

1 day install flim

1 day install cam and gps

1 day for nano treatment

6 days for flim to sit in.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

The pain of waiting is not this 2-3 days period for C&C to install the solar film, reverse camera, front+back dashcam, nano paint protection, etc.

The bigger pain is the waiting period between booking the car till it arrives in SG, followed by the customs clearance, MB Singapore checks before C&C can bring the car to their side for the 2-3 days installation of accessories.

Anyway, that had passed for me, and the joy of driving the car (whenever my wife isn't using it during the week and on weekends) is still there for me, which is slowly wiping out the pain of the initial waiting periods.

• Like 1

Does anyone know from their SE what the 2 - 3 days are for?

If to install solar film, paint protection etc, I would have thought these could be done before LTA registration.

Being a company that carries premium brands, the C&C mgmt could do better by closing this gap.

they should. My best experience was car collected the next day after registration from another brand's authorised dealer. Anyone collected the car on the same day of registration? Maybe buy from PI can?

Already waited so long, what's a few extra days? Rather let the them do a good job grooming the car and installing all the necessary items than make them rush.

• Like 1

The 3 month wait is still bearable, after all I have my car to drive - not complaining much. It irks me once the car is registered and insured in my name that C&C hadn't place customer interest first by minimising the gap. My current car was delivered same afternoon it was registered - and its not a PI car.

• 2 weeks later...

I am one waiting and waiting.... :sleep:

Who else accepting delivery this coming Jan???

Is your delivery Dec/Jan? I'm waiting for mine to arrive... I was expecting to get it this week, but seems like it was delayed till further notice. 

i wish but no... i'm just getting a b class. 

my SE was telling me that it has arrive on 23rd Dec 15, but pending for custom clearance. n as of 5th Jan 16, she told me it's still stuck at custom. even they have paid all GST etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I totally agree with Ivo. It's ok to wait before registration. But post registration, it's not a fair practice for the dealer to delay. My old car got delivered the same day it was registered too. C&C need to learn how to be more customer centric.

Hi bros, need your advice on my situation.
My new mercs got registered by C&C this Monday (fixed plate & IU), but now after 3 days at Thursday, SE said they found some issue in pre-delivery check (some lights failing) and need to request parts to replace, which will take a while and don't have a fixed date yet.

I think it's not fair as my car is depreciating already. What can I do then? Thanks a lot

Hi bros, need your advice on my situation.
My new mercs got registered by C&C this Monday (fixed plate & IU), but now after 3 days at Thursday, SE said they found some issue in pre-delivery check (some lights failing) and need to request parts to replace, which will take a while and don't have a fixed date yet.

I think it's not fair as my car is depreciating already. What can I do then? Thanks a lot

I don't know what you can do. Maybe bang table? If I were in your shoes, I would probably ask for more service credits or whatever? Seriously sucks.