• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLA,CLA,C?

woofie

If u ask me, i would change to A45... same platform or not, it is very different from A200, the choices u presented or even the C-Klasse as commented.

If die die must choose from the options provided... i will go for GLA or C.

Ultimately, it is personal based on ur needs. If money is of no concern and domestic conditions allow, i wont change to Merc

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Does not surprise me.  The entry level cars r mass produced in third world economies for cost reasons.  BMW has been doing that for years.  Only their higher end 6 cylinders and coupes are made in Germany.  The IL4s 320i is south african made and the build quality suxs big time.

I suspect the same applies for Mercs?

Can anyone confirm?

C is built in south africa?

Does not surprise me.  The entry level cars r mass produced in third world economies for cost reasons.  BMW has been doing that for years.  Only their higher end 6 cylinders and coupes are made in Germany.  The IL4s 320i is south african made and the build quality suxs big time.

Can anyone confirm?

Strange that the C is the most expensive among the 3 classes in question being built outside of Europe, while the 'cheapest' GLA being built in Germany and the 2nd 'cheapest' CLA being built in Hungary...

Can anyone confirm?

Well... regardless of where it is built.... You pay for what it's worth.... Be it A, B, C or what ever model... If you are so adamant about built quality.... Look at the S class... Or Maybach... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

mines made in hungary but no doubt about quality. i'm sure no matter the country make, will never go wrong with a mercedes-benz

What if MB has models build in PRC?

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

• 3 weeks later...

CLA is not worth it cos it is heavier (than C) and the rear seat height is really very low. Only if you like the design very much

C class coupe will be very expensive. prob close to E class I foresee

Huh? CLA should be a bit lighter. the weight diff is too small gap.

http://www.truedelta.com/Mercedes-Benz-CLA/specs-1219/vs-C-Class-179

• 2 weeks later...

I am going jogging but cannot decide if I should wear my Nike or my Reebok.

Any advice?

But seriously only you can decide what you want. 

I think just keep the A200.  Be contented, there is more to life than being seen in a new Merc every now and then.

After all, the standard CLA, GLA, A & B are using the wheezy 1.6 litre engines.

Basically the same thing but just different bodies.

By the way, is it true that the Merc 1.6 petrol engine is sourced from Renault?