Guest yogi

Best Bak Kut Teh

89 posts in this topic

;D

1. Ah Hua BKT (at Havelock)

2. Hawker Ctr at AMK ave 1

Others?

but the blogger's comments on it so-so only leh... ???

1 person likes this

Plenty of BKT eaters swear by Ng Ah Sio @ Rangoon Rd. I like the one along Balestier Rd... mmm.. what's the name ahh Founder BKT. The rice sibe pang man got put ter yu so shiny.. ;D

There is another one at Sin Ming.. it is the pepperish type.. get your car fixed at MBM then take a walk there lor..

There is another one opposite Queensway shopping center.. there is a hawker center.. the old couple sellling claypot herbal (black) type of BKT.. yummy.. but they are quite stingy with their soup.. heehee.. then there is ABC hawker center (nearby too).. the BKT is not bad.. the hokkien mee is also delicious.. I also like the duck noodles.. but wife dun like to go there leh...

Can also try the one opposite Plaza Hotel at Beach Road. Its located inside a coffeeshop but sorry I can't remember the coffeeshop's & the road's name. Its served in a claypot & comes out piping hot & the boiling stays for a good 5 minutes. It has a herbal taste to the soup. But the car parking there can be a killer.

If you guys prefer the peppery kind, may I suggest the one at Balestier. Its before Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice. Also cannot remember the name. (I only remember the good food & how to go there ;D) But I prefer the pork trotters there. Damn shiok.

Ok, already made me hungry again.

f you guys prefer the peppery kind, may I suggest the one at Balestier. Its before Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice. Also cannot remember the name. (I only remember the good food & how to go there Grin) But I prefer the pork trotters there. Damn shiok.

Founder Bah Kut Teh along Balestier Rd. Located opposite Balestier Plaza. Damn shiok the rice with ter yu washed down with the peppery broth and delicious ribs doused with black sauce and sliced chilli.

Walls are plastered with HK and local celebrity photos.

The one at Bukit Merah???? Near to Zouk???? Behind the Shell Petrol Kiosk.......

Hmmmmm... forgot whats that called...... Oni know how to drive there.....

The one at Bukit Merah???? Near to Zouk???? Behind the Shell Petrol Kiosk.......

Hmmmmm... forgot whats that called...... Oni know how to drive there.....

it's at havelock road and only open at night. the other one is at tanjong pagar and only open morning till afternoon.

The sin ming one is good stuff!

What's special is the meat and ribs are huge cuts, plus the black sauce got kick and "pang". The meat is real fresh coz the turnover is so fast too.

Be sure to self sterilize your utensils though......or you'll end up adding extra "seasoning" to your soup!

I've never tried the pork trotters though.....but a lot of pple do order it.

What's special is the meat and ribs are huge cuts, plus the black sauce got kick and "pang". The meat is real fresh coz the turnover is so fast too.

Be sure to self sterilize your utensils though......or you'll end up adding extra "seasoning" to your soup!

I've never tried the pork trotters though.....but a lot of pple do order it.

where exactly is the stall ???. i go mbm often so will go and try it out when i'm there one of these day ;D

yeah where exactly is the stall in sin ming? i've been to mbm and waited >4hrs twice and only wished there was good food ard... :'(

CBlack ]

where exactly is the stall ???. i go mbm often so will go and try it out when i' wrote:

yeah where exactly is the stall in sin ming? i've been to mbm and waited >4hrs twice and only wished there was good food ard... :'(

Walk out of the Sin Ming complex, turn left, walk towards the VICOM, turn right (follow the road), and walk to the first HDB blocks on the left hand side of the road (about 5 mins?). The bak kut teh is there at the corner of the first block.

my fav is at Havelock, my wife likes Balestier, my father-in-law likes Rangoon...

there is one at jurong west (hawker centre at block 5XX... i forgot),

only opens in the morning till noon

i went once at lunch time, the aunty say: "sold out~! u muz come early morning."

there is one at jurong west (hawker centre at block 5XX... i forgot),

only opens in the morning till noon

i went once at lunch time, the aunty say: "sold out~! u muz come early morning."

hmmm where is this place, how come i dunno lei...

CBlack you know a not??

Just went to the Rangoon BKT store last week.. yum yum... they now serve pigs trotters.. nice... also the kidney is crunchy, fresh, and not overcooked.. the best!!

There is also one good Bak Kut Teh store "Morning" @ Hong Lim Food Centre. :P

Another one. Ah Hua Ba Kut Teh. Its at Tanjong Pagar PSA opposite Fuji Xerox Towers. White soup base

Tg pagah and Havelock road both are same family operating,Brother and sister, the sister operating at Havelock last time works at tha famous Fort Canning "Royal hill leg" bakut teh many years back. Good experience, daughter also very pretty, must go on weekend to see hee hee....

Boss name Ah Hwee, The guy who one eye got problem,friendly guy, i always got free side dish from there.

Tg pagah and Havelock road both are same family operating,Brother and sister, the sister operating at Havelock last time works at tha famous Fort Canning "Royal hill leg" bakut teh many years back. Good experience, daughter also very pretty, must go on weekend to see hee hee....

haha... agree the daughter is pretty :D

If you're on the East, try Bedok North Block 416.

Cheap and good, value for $$$

$ 3 per bowl and 30cts for the rice.

But be prepared to wait during perk hours - 12 to 1 pm

CBlack ]

What' wrote:

where exactly is the stall ???. i go mbm often so will go and try it out when i'm there one of these day ;D