• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Best Bak Kut Teh

Guest yogi

Guest jenvid

Tg pagah and Havelock road both are same family operating,Brother and sister, the sister operating at Havelock last time works at tha famous Fort Canning "Royal hill leg" bakut teh many years back. Good experience, daughter also very pretty, must go on weekend to see hee hee....

haha... agree the daughter is pretty :D

aiyah how come the daughter neber go to TPC... Just below my office. Actually the BKT good part is the choice of spare rib and its cut. The soup is too peppery...

The other one at Tiong Bahru beside the UOB bank behind that boutique hotel also not bad. Soup is good but cut of spare rib is so so

I recall there is this stall in AMK where they actually have 3 different price for different cut of the spare rib.

• 3 years later...
Guest macbenz

I second the Sin Min BKT:) Every time I go servicing there, very high on my food list.

There has been a few mention of Rangoon Rd. There is Ng Ah Sio and now, less than 100m away on same side of road as NAS, a branch of Founders fr Balestier. Both also good and different fr Sin Ming.

But a relatively unknown BKT in Owen Rd, road parallel to Rangoon Rd, I think is also very good. Have been going there of late more than those 2 in Rangoon Rd :). Heng Heng is the name.

Guest hkhamateur

macbenz wrote:

I second the Sin Min BKT:) Every time I go servicing there, very high on my food list.

There has been a few mention of Rangoon Rd. There is Ng Ah Sio and now, less than 100m away on same side of road as NAS, a branch of Founders fr Balestier. Both also good and different fr Sin Ming.

But a relatively unknown BKT in Owen Rd, road parallel to Rangoon Rd, I think is also very good. Have been going there of late more than those 2 in Rangoon Rd :). Heng Heng is the name.

Bro, gd morn. :yo:

Tks fr sharg. Wil definitely try one of these days! :thumb:

Guest macbenz

macbenz wrote:

BTW Heng Heng also very good for their Fish - many many kind some more .....think about it also get hungry now ....

Another one like Heng Heng is in Bendemer, block with Daihatsu showroom and few shops away fr Boon Tong Kee. Beside MRT station. Also with fish AND sotong ....

macbenz wrote:

Yes I second that the shops at Owen and Rangoon rd are superb! Too bad they close early! :(

Guest macbenz

Wes23 wrote:

Yes I second that the shops at Owen and Rangoon rd are superb! Too bad they close early! :(

Darn! Was at the Bendemer one, Lau Ah Tee, I think, for dinner saturday .....also closed! I think these "good" BKT business so good no need to open for dinner :(

Anyway ate at a new teochew restaurant there instead, Yuanxing, so-so ok not great not bad. Good for variety unlikely to be a always-go-back kinda place for myself.

Guest macbenz

hkhamateur wrote:

Bro, gd morn. :yo:

Tks fr sharg. Wil definitely try one of these days! :thumb:

Gd evening to you, sir :yo:

Hope you like yr meals there and not think too badly of my taste ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest macbenz

spursburger wrote:

tiong bahru is my favourite!

If u meant the corner shop one .....then I beg to differ. Yes, the BKT is good but certainly not same standard as some of those mentioned here. Was just there last week. Soup not even hot .... btw the best dish, IMHO, was the fish slices. Ter-kah was OK also ....not great.

BTW this place open for dinner .....which is why I go there.

Just my 2 cents, no offence :becky:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ng Ah Sio BKT opened one at tanjung katong. Aircon one, anybody tried?

tried when they opened for biz some months ago... Ok only.. not really mind blowing... used to visit the sisters along Mohd Sultan Rd and River Valley junction.. selling the peppery type... I like their soup...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill