• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Dilemma for Nano Sealant

tyco_kia

Hey guys!

I just got my W205 and my SE told me that the car has nano-sealant on it from C&C and i'm entitled to one more sealant service which I should visit a year later to do this. I am however in a dilemma here as I am considering doing the Ceramic Pro sealant from Ace GT but the SE said this will void my next sealant service so she advised me not to. So guys what would you do if you were me?

1. Screw the nano sealant package from C&C and go ahead with doing another paint protection scheme?

2. Wait until I used up the next sealant package before going ahead with another paint protection scheme say after 2 years?

by the way, do u mean when the car comes, its alrdy nano applied, u no need pay anything for the gromming service?

Yea when the car came, the SE told me it's already nano applied and entitled to one more session for the nano applicant.

Thanks bro for your input! ^^

Lolz not sure the nano thingy can last for a month. Will you able to tell the diffs?

Lolz not sure the nano thingy can last for a month. Will you able to tell the diffs?

Looking at my car, it seems quite okay but I have no doubt the ceramic pro will have a difference. My car only 1 week old and washing (hand wash) it is quite a breeze, removing dirt etc so far quite okay. Reason i'm asking everyone is also cause Ace GT has a promotion for cars younger than 2 weeks old to treat the interior as well. Hence my dilemma.  :phew:

Hey guys!

I just got my W205 and my SE told me that the car has nano-sealant on it from C&C and i'm entitled to one more sealant service which I should visit a year later to do this. I am however in a dilemma here as I am considering doing the Ceramic Pro sealant from Ace GT but the SE said this will void my next sealant service so she advised me not to. So guys what would you do if you were me?

1. Screw the nano sealant package from C&C and go ahead with doing another paint protection scheme?

2. Wait until I used up the next sealant package before going ahead with another paint protection scheme say after 2 years?

Choose 2, why waste money, if you are worried that the CnC sealant would not last, just use up your next sealant package within the next few months and then a few months later, go for the Ceramic Pro. For me, I am using Diamond Brite as foundation and paint sealant. Grooming every 8 to 12 months. Rain still beads and do not leave stain on surface even after 3 years.

• Like 2

Choose 2, why waste money, if you are worried that the CnC sealant would not last, just use up your next sealant package within the next few months and then a few months later, go for the Ceramic Pro. For me, I am using Diamond Brite as foundation and paint sealant. Grooming every 8 to 12 months. Rain still beads and do not leave stain on surface even after 3 years.

You have a point! Thanks bro on your input! ^^

Collected my ride 2 weeks back. Wasn't too impress with the nano seal. They didn't seems to clay the surface properly and I can see water spot under the paint. 

Back to your question, I don't see how it is relevant that whatever pps you applying now can or will void the next sealant service.

Hi guys i am newbie here awaiting to collect my car. Coincidentally I am also contemplating the same 2 decisions above. I finally decided on 1; reason being I am not convinced nano sealent lasts for more than 3 mths. I am not going to wait till paintwork gets scratched before going for ceramicpro since that kinda defeats the purpose....

Collected my ride 2 weeks back. Wasn't too impress with the nano seal. They didn't seems to clay the surface properly and I can see water spot under the paint. 

Back to your question, I don't see how it is relevant that whatever pps you applying now can or will void the next sealant service.

That was what my SE told me *Shrugs*. Although once you apply another PPS, you probably won't go for the C&C nano sealant already actually. It's just a question of whether I wanna use up the next sealant session.

Hi guys i am newbie here awaiting to collect my car. Coincidentally I am also contemplating the same 2 decisions above. I finally decided on 1; reason being I am not convinced nano sealent lasts for more than 3 mths. I am not going to wait till paintwork gets scratched before going for ceramicpro since that kinda defeats the purpose....

u bought a W205 too? Yea u do have a point as well...thanks for input ^^

That was what my SE told me *Shrugs*. Although once you apply another PPS, you probably won't go for the C&C nano sealant already actually. It's just a question of whether I wanna use up the next sealant session.

u bought a W205 too? Yea u do have a point as well...thanks for input ^^

use la? dun use throw away is call "waste"

choose 3.  go for the Ceramic Pro sealant from Ace GT and keep quiet with it . after 1 year they wouldnt know it , CNC not so free to go scan and "xray" your car to see if there's other product on it :D anyway put a lot of coating also nvm.. more protection ma .. just like girls put make up gao gao then chio .. but when the sealant and make up is gone.. then it will become OMG!

IMHO nano sealant sucks anyway. but got freebie sure must use it  :thumbsu:

• Like 1

choose 3.  go for the Ceramic Pro sealant from Ace GT and keep quiet with it . after 1 year they wouldnt know it , CNC not so free to go scan and "xray" your car to see if there's other product on it :D anyway put a lot of coating also nvm.. more protection ma .. just like girls put make up gao gao then chio .. but when the sealant and make up is gone.. then it will become OMG!

IMHO nano sealant sucks anyway. but got freebie sure must use it  :thumbsu:

Actually it depends, because depending on what coating you use, the addition nano sealant may interfere with your chosen coating. Best to check with your coating guy. =)

stock polar silver CLA180 =)