• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Chip Soon doesn't allow others to bring Stockist parts anymore

Rosybaby73

This is a very interesting thread and helpful information. I was just trying to get my head around the cost comparison and determine if it make sense to go through the effort of buying from stockist and get them replace with one of the popular mechanics assuming services are on par for all 3 mechanics used in the comparison.

If we take W204 as an example...

Scenario A: Going with Chip Soon

• $1K for changing of two sets of brake pads, 4 pieces of rotor discs, and sensors

Scenario B: Buy from Golden link and labour from MBM

• Parts from Goldenlink = $724.39 (detailed breakdown below)
  • Labour from MBM = $192.60 incl GST
  • Rounded-off Total: $917
  • Price difference compared to scenario A: $83

Scenario C: Buy from Golden link and labour from Autospritz

• Parts from Golden link = $724.39 (detailed breakdown below)
  • Labour from Autospritz = $160.5 incl GST
  • Rounded-off Total: $885
  • Price difference compared to scenario A: $115

=========================================

Goldenlink price = 277 + 400 = 677 + GST = $724.39

Brake pads = 145 + 125 + 7 = $277

• $145 front
  • $125 rear

Senor = $7

Rotor discs = 115x2 + 85x2 = $400

• $115 per piece front
  • $85 per piece rear

Am also intending to change my brakes to something better than the original brakes but dont want to break the piggybank with Brembos and AMGs.

I have changed my brake pads to ATE cremaic pads.... wondering if it helps by changing the brake rotors... or the calipers.

Appreciate advice

My ride is W204

My ride is W212. Anyone changed the front brake discs to the "sports" version? These discs have holes drilled on them, said to dissipate heat better.

this type I like.

post-390-0-61130400-1427683793_thumb.png

From the above calculation, strangely the marked up from Chip Soon is not so much as up to 30-40%, but rather 8-11%.

Or am I missing something? lol...

I think the missing part is chip soon as a mb workshop might just get their parts cheaper than us walking in to stockist and buy.

I think the missing part is chip soon as a mb workshop might just get their parts cheaper than us walking in to stockist and buy.

Yes that's very true. Like to also add that on any day I would go with Chip Soon not because the above calculation prove that price difference is minimal and not worth the effort running two places, but rather, because of the honest, responsible and reliable service provided by Chip Soon is by far the best experience I have enjoyed among all the workshops I have used over the last 19 years of driving. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...