• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WHY!! Steering keeps pulling towards the left !

Jandej

Dear All

I too have NO relation with this workshop whatsoever. Admin - pls remove if you think its inappropriate.

I paid the same price as ClearVision. I replaced 2 camber bolts and 2 torsion arm bolts. I don't know if this has any difference when compared to just replacing the camber bolts.

People's Auto Trading

3007 Ubi Road 1

#01-400

Tel:67414646

Hi Bro,

Is the boss wear glasses call Peter?

Dear All

I too have NO relation with this workshop whatsoever. Admin - pls remove if you think its inappropriate.

I paid the same price as ClearVision. I replaced 2 camber bolts and 2 torsion arm bolts. I don't know if this has any difference when compared to just replacing the camber bolts.

People's Auto Trading

3007 Ubi Road 1

#01-400

Tel:67414646

Hi Bro

May I know the total cost to replacement? Can SMS me. Thanks

Regards,

Loylee

So those bros got alignment issue solve after pm-ing and sharing of ws info?

lastly to share an exp i encountered previously.....

simple thing like rim "kiao" also can result to steering pull to 1 side...

rim "kiao" = rim not round..

usually can be tested out easily by tyre shop, as the when u change tyre, they will do wheel balancing.. while doing wheel balancing, when the rim is spinning, the machine got a stick like thingy, that can be pull out, and runs along ur rim while spinning, by this u can see the rim rotating is round enough not.

I was told by CnC part of the reason is because our road sliding a little more to the Left so as rain water will flow to the drainage faster and will not cause flood..I don't know if is true or not,of cause i can see all our road drainage is on the left side ..

Hey bross!!!

I Need help.... :(

My steering wheel keeps pulling me towards the left. How do I resolve this problem?

It has been bothering me for months!

I've tried wheel alignment, balancing, check tire pressure, swapping left an right wheel but doesn't work :wacko:  :wacko: :wacko:  

time to get the C63........

cheers

time to get the C63........

cheers

C63 also got the same issue . It's the camber bolts , the stock version is non adjustable . Needs to change to those adjustable ones . Part number 000333 1071 for the c63 . Cost is around 200 to 220 for 2 sets including labour .

You can also google for the pictures , the adjustable ones have got extra groove on the bolt .

I was told by CnC part of the reason is because our road sliding a little more to the Left so as rain water will flow to the drainage faster and will not cause flood..I don't know if is true or not,of cause i can see all our road drainage is on the left side ..

Hmmm.......my SA said the exact same thing to me when i took over my car........so drove until buay tahan told service centre to check then they quoted me a price which i must pay for the alignment. In the end i sent it out to a workshop to align for $85.

• 11 months later...

Gone to People's Auto Trading as recommended by gearhead, my problem solved after doing wheel alignment.

The diagnosis shows all the wheels are out of alignment.

Damage is < $70.

Thanks gearhead for the good recommendation !!

• Like 1

2006 - 2013 Hyundai Tucson

2013 - 2015 Honda Steam

2015 - Present Mercedes E250 Coupe

I was told the same thing when I complained about my car swaying to left. I told the SE that this is crap as all my previous cars do not have this problem. I expect no less or a premium brand like mercs and demanded that he realigned the car for me. Finally, he told me that it can be done, but need a full day as need to change the camber bolts and arrange for the technician. I agreed and brought my car in for realignment a few days later. It took almost 5 hours and now my car is moving striaght. I did this within 3 months of getting the car, the service is free. I got a before and after alignment readings record and is happy with the service. Sometimes you need to be a litle loud to make yourself heard.

I have read oversea forum about this problem. I also have this left pulling issue but in the alignment machine, the camber is correct factory spec.  In USA, their Left hand drive vehicle will pull to the right. In conclusion it is a factory design to pull the car to the kerb side.

In a way, it is a "safety " feature because if you fall asleep or somehow not in control of the steering, you do not veer over to on-coming vehicles.  Mercedes did make a provision of camber bolts to take care of this, if the owners got annoyed with this pulling issue.

In fact, all other brands of vehicle will pull to the kerb side. Perhaps not as strong as in the W204 series.