• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

MAF Cleaner

calvincn

Was looking high and low for a MAF cleaner as my W204 was idling weird at stationary, already did a servicing at C&C finally found this all the way in Woodlands those interested in it can contact Mr Chia at 96225477. Kaizen Marketing & Trading. Address is 25 woodlands industrial park E1.

IMG_20140514_121337.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Borrowed my workshop's sensor cleaner by Liquid Moly. Pretty easy to remove the MAF sensor on the W204 with a Torx screw driver after disconnecting the electrical socket clip (pls ensure that the key is removed from ignition) & pulling it out form the air pipe. Surprisingly, the single sensor looks like a plastic piece. Spray the sensor & wipe it with a clean cloth. Easy, only 3 min job. Engine idling is now super smooth.

i also want to know....mine is w204 cgi 1.6

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Engine side.... So those who install strut bar will have difficulties cleaning it?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I'm not familiar with kompressor M271 as I don't get to play with one...sorry.

For the CGI, the 1.6 & 1.8 are at the same location.

Mercedes Benz SLK 230 MAF Removal and cleaning 

Attached pdf typical removing & cleaning of maf.

Cleaning MAF.pdf

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 1 year later...

bro yours is what model?

the design on my w204 1.6 turbo seems different leh

That was a C250 CGI. Same as any 1.8 lit CGI in C180 C200 C250 E200 E250. That ride has since been sold.

• Like 1

any bros here can help identify where is the maf sensor on 2012's w204 1.6 turbo engine.

attached 4 images in the post.

1st is overview of engine compartment with air intake in the center.

post-1634-0-18787800-1462694550_thumb.jpg

2nd is air intake box without the air filter (I read that w203 has its maf sensor at the rear of this box, so I opened up on my w204, it's not there)

post-1634-0-03911300-1462694564_thumb.jpg

3rd is bottom left of the air intake, I think the connecting clip is o2 sensor?

post-1634-0-19757400-1462694575_thumb.jpg

4th is bottom right of air intake.

post-1634-0-16923500-1462694585_thumb.jpg

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

• 2 years later...