• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Kena rear-ended...siaz...

My ride was rear-ended yesterday. This morning, drove to C&C Pandan Loop to report accident. After the paperwork was done, I was advised to drive the car back and await AXA's reply (insurer of the other party). Based on his experience, the service advisor who attended to me told me AXA may take about 2 weeks to reply. As I didn't want to drive a damaged car for so long, I asked how the process could be expedited. Was told I can pay first then claim. The guy checked my rear bumper and quoted about $2K. Since it is a clear-cut case, I wanted to pay first and then claim from the other driver. To my surprise, the service advisor told me he needs to arrange for a surveyor to evaluate the damage, and he only comes on Monday. So, no choice got to drive the car back. Sigh... 

The only good news: I can use C&C Star Collection & Return service for the repair. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No FOC rental for 15 days? Chartis cover this in the policy.

Also must see if gt car to loan

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

As long as its NOT FOC, sure got car one.....the courtesy car is charged to the other party's insurance....sure have one....as long as its in the insurance coverage....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

No lah, go and read yr policy. Is claim against own insurance must well dont put in this clause!

Don pay. .... they should do everything for free... cos u pay and claim will take ages.... and demand a courtesy car.... cos they would bill the other party.... it's a common rule... $60/day is when u claim against ur insurance..... and please keep a copy of video footage to prove u r going straight. .. just in case the other party says otherwise. ...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Just claim against your insurance first and pay the excess then request for loan car. Last time my B170 front passenger door damaged due parked car driver open driver door widely when I am about to pass his car. So claimed against my own insurance (Chartis) paid excess and get loan car for close to 10 days. I got my excess back and reinstatement of my NCD after 6 months. So far I am happy with Chartis that's why I stick with them for close to 5 years now.

Share my experience 2 months ago.

Kenna same thing by a cab. Went to IDAC to report as required by NTUC INCOME. Then go to MBM workshop same day. Told to come back tomorrow for surveyor to evaluate. Early tomorrow morning send to MBM. Gotten a Camry 24 as replacement car. Used for around one week and gotten back my w212.

Not a single cents from pocket but lost of usage for 1 week.