• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Recommendations - cafes

itsmeRuth

Hulllo.

Any recommendations for nice cozy cafes where I can chill, work on my thesis, people-watch, have a nice cuppa, read a novel... you get my drift.

Preferably somewhere away from town (too crowded) and somewhere without students chattering/studying (i get overstimulated by noise), and couples dating/cuddling/whispering sweet-nothings (I really want to shoot myself)

Unless it's tucked away neatly at some corner where traffic's not too high.

Also, any nice cafe-bars to recommend?

Thanks!

eM in Gallery hotel is nice, tucked away at the end of Robertson Quay. They do serve coffee but I don't know how good it is, but beer drinking and people watching definitely.

For coffee there are lots of indie joints around for the trendy lot. The two that stand out for me are Loysels Toy (cafe latte) at Kallang riverside park and Penny University in Telok Kurau (iced muddy espresso). Both are not for annoying kids to hang out, which is another reason to go.

And if you really want, put on your black plastic framed glasses, pack your MacBook Air and a carefully rehearsed air of indifference and head down to Kampong Glam where all the hipster beatniks seem to be congregating..

• Like 1

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

Thanks Ricebandit!

Loysels is one place I think I'll like. Might head there this weekend...

Um.. one thing, how's the parking there like?

I don't usually go on the weekend, but there is a public carpark about 50m away, though most people seem happy enough to park along the road just outside. 

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

There is a coffee joint call 93 degree at Morse Rd. Very quiet place opposite habour Front. Did my last exam preparation there.

Dempsey? Studied at Ben & Jerry before, and Jones Grocer got free wifi too.

I like 93 degrees - they roast their beans on site so great aroma. Only thing is the few street side parking lots are not free. They also close early on weekdays when I last visited.

• Like 1

Vinyl Is Sexy!

1) Sembawang CC Driving Range Cafe - Very quite, cosy and have fan only. Kopi and Food not bad... still can see some nice mini girls swinging if u lucky.

2) Or same place as above but go upstair to the newly renocated Golfer Terrance. Really nice plave n hv a great view of the golf course. NO NEED MEMEBERSHIP but pay full price for meal.

Parking FREE and Ample parking.

3) My fav....Keppel Island or official name Prive Cafe. They hv Prive Cafe, TCC and Jap restaurant . Am there everyweek. Parking fee....not sure but i pay about $4 for say 3 hrs?

• Like 1

There is a coffee joint call 93 degree at Morse Rd. Very quiet place opposite habour Front. Did my last exam preparation there.

Dempsey? Studied at Ben & Jerry before, and Jones Grocer got free wifi too.

Oh okay! wi-fii is so very important hehe... thankew! i can compile a list of go-to places now yay!

I like 93 degrees - they roast their beans on site so great aroma. Only thing is the few street side parking lots are not free. They also close early on weekdays when I last visited.

Oh gawd....I know what aroma you're talking about.... it'd def help me keep awake... hehe....

i'd probably visit on a weekend then :) thankew!

1) Sembawang CC Driving Range Cafe - Very quite, cosy and have fan only. Kopi and Food not bad... still can see some nice mini girls swinging if u lucky. 2) Or same place as above but go upstair to the newly renocated Golfer Terrance. Really nice plave n hv a great view of the golf course. NO NEED MEMEBERSHIP but pay full price for meal. Parking FREE and Ample parking. 3) My fav....Keppel Island or official name Prive Cafe. They hv Prive Cafe, TCC and Jap restaurant . Am there everyweek. Parking fee....not sure but i pay about $4 for say 3 hrs?

hehe okay! I'm open to trying any place as long as it's quiet and cosy...

will try!

Oh gawd....I know what aroma you're talking about.... it'd def help me keep awake... hehe....

i'd probably visit on a weekend then :) thankew!

Don't recall that 93 degrees has wifi. Also dunno how quiet it is on a weekend as there are a few churches within walking distance. I guess it depends on what time you go. Should have free parking after 5pm and on Sundays I think.

Vinyl Is Sexy!