• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Spilled super glue on my car seat!

hauts

Hey guys,

Recently spilled super glue on my passenger seat, and it kinda left a 50c size mark ..pretty much forever.

It's pretty noticable, especially throughout the day and it's pissing me off!

I immediately drove down to a leather shop reccomended by a friend, Classic Auto Leather.

They advice me to change the entire seat leather (butt area) and assured me it was the same leather (quality/colour).

What should I do?

Acetone will be able to dissolve super glue but it might take out the pigment of the leather or worse dissolve it if it's synthetic. Cleaning it might just spread the mess around even more.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Try to make the super glue affected area very cold like maybe ice it then crack it off using rounded end of your credit/cash card.

Gum removal spray from DIY shop...one spray can chill a nice can of beer... Kekekekeke

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

woah.. sounds very 高难度 leh... but I have liquid nitrogen here in my office if u need to snap freeze anything.

Gum removal spray from DIY shop...one spray can chill a nice can of beer... Kekekekeke

Eh don't laugh at me leh! Just suggesting to help.

Bro, me not making fun of you... There is really gum removal spray... What it does is to literally freeze the gum so that it becomes brittle....

But then again if use on leather seat, will the leather freeze too....

Bro, me not making fun of you... There is really gum removal spray... What it does is to literally freeze the gum so that it becomes brittle....

But then again if use on leather seat, will the leather freeze too....

Bro Oldman, no worries. I apologize if I sounded abit too serious ......I meant it as a little joke on my post. By the way, you are right about freezing the leather & doing more harm to it than good. Controlled application of freezing agent is the key to success here.

Ruth ....... yes it is of 高难度 definitely. We don't want to get caught in a situation here an attempt to fix one problem we generate another. ;)

• Like 1

Bro Quicksilver, no worries mate... But hor, change leather also got risk..... The colour of the leather may have some variance..... Unless using the same dye under same same condition otherwise colour still can tell got diff.......

lol... where is hauts????

no response from him. lol.

he probably thinks: all these folks ah.. what kuku are they talking... i'll just go change the leather. problem solved!

Sorry sorry, been busy with work! A friend of mine had the same problem, used a homemade liquid, it got rid of the superglue mark, but it also got rid of the leather...partially, but now he has it even worse!

Just curious......what are you doing with superglue behind yr car?

Hahaha, it's the front seat, i'm driving a coupe. A friend had superglue in her hand as she was trying to fix her heels, she tried opening the tube and everything just came out...

wow, I'm trying my best to make this sound not so dirty..but it then spilled onto my seat as I was driving and I couldn't react in time to wipe it ..

Any pictures to share??

I will take a picture later on, the original picture I took wasn't so clear.

Thanks for al lthe response. I'm currently just living with it now, I barley notice the seat while I'm driving.