• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Parking brake (footbrake) cannot fully release :(

green_carnation

Hey guys I'm back with problem again.. Wanna drive off I released the parking brake (pull the P lever).. But the parking brake cannot be fully released, and still showed the (!) light on.. I actually have to reach for the parking brake by hand, right hand pull the P lever and left hand pull up the parking brake.. To make sure it is fully released :(

Anyone ever encountered such issue? Will probably drive in to C&C this weekend.. What will be the estimated waiting time at C&C? Such instance will it be left overnight to rectify?

Best settled this ASAP and ask for a replacement car while you car is inside the C&C workshop

yeah.. I called up C&C ubi.. they told me earliest slot is next Tuesday.. I actually wanted to drive in tomorrow. Just called them requesting for replacement vehicle, the cs told me long queue many people waiting etc etc.. and for new car.. I said mine is new, as in under warranty, or unless she deems a yr old is old car already.

She went on said is in the discretion of dunno whatever advisor etc etc.. I siad I will speak to him then. Then she said she will check, ended up the person whom I fixed appointment called back.. said have to check vehicle first etc etc. And if need to and replacement vehicle is available they will issue me one. And said mine is small issue.. who is he to tell me small issue when he said only the advisor can tell how and what to be repaired/rectified. He said still can drive nothing will happen.. I told him it is not him driving, it's me! Anything that may happen is not to him..

I was in the midst of meeting so didnt wanna be too bitchy and argue further.. Next week go then see how..

Go and park your car at C&C main entrance, tell then you will not take back the car unless they solve e problem and also provide another for u to use...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Go and park your car at C&C main entrance, tell then you will not take back the car unless they solve e problem and also provide another for u to use...

The most they get someone to drive into their service centre.. then tell me small issue..

Chiat lat lah...for now cannot use parking brake.

I still use.. Just that when I release, I have to:

1. Pull P lever once for the brake to release to the max;

2. Pull the lever again with right hand, stretch left hand or use left foot to pull/push up the brake.

Call your SE before this evening because weekend showroom will be packed.

Your SE won't have time for u one. A replacement car is often given after the new car owner bang table and threaten media action.

Their reason of many ppl waiting and other stupids reasons r BS. Especially the long waiting list for a replacement car. Does that means current batch of Mercedes Benz cars have so much problems till the new owners keep sending their new cars back to C&C for repairs and using the replacement car.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

Call your SE before this evening because weekend showroom will be packed.

Your SE won't have time for u one. A replacement car is often given after the new car owner bang table and threaten media action.

Their reason of many ppl waiting and other stupids reasons r BS. Especially the long waiting list for a replacement car. Does that means current batch of Mercedes Benz cars have so much problems till the new owners keep sending their new cars back to C&C for repairs and using the replacement car.

Exactly, they talk like so many MB cars are in there waiting for rectifications and repairs.. sounds really scary.. But I bought this preowned, not new, so no SE to go to :(

This is what I will and actually did... To my pals car at another makes showroom... Parked my car outside their showroom... Then went inside... Banged table... Then go tell those looking at the same model is my pal's faulty car... " you want to buy this car?.... Come and look at my car outside and then you decide if you still want to buy" all this I said loudly in front of the SE... Five mins later... Sales manager came to confront me,..... And my reply is... My friend spend $250k to buy a car from u... And owned it for 3 months and it's in your workshop for 2!!!! Still the fucking gearbox is not fixed! Is it my fault? Do I have to bring in the press b4 something is done?....

End result... They changes to gearbox in 1 week!!!! KNN....

• Like 2

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

This is what I will and actually did... To my pals car at another makes showroom... Parked my car outside their showroom... Then went inside... Banged table... Then go tell those looking at the same model is my pal's faulty car... " you want to buy this car?.... Come and look at my car outside and then you decide if you still want to buy" all this I said loudly in front of the SE... Five mins later... Sales manager came to confront me,..... And my reply is... My friend spend $250k to buy a car from u... And owned it for 3 months and it's in your workshop for 2!!!! Still the fucking gearbox is not fixed! Is it my fault? Do I have to bring in the press b4 something is done?....

u very daring, salute u.

If got problem must bring you along liao... Hehe

Captain Fattytey, in future when i have problems with C&C and i cant resolved after banging table, will seek your help. salute u fully. u not scare they call 999 and carry u to police station and tow your friend car away.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

Sometimes.... You just have to do it at the right time and at the right person... I did it during SUPER PEAK perid... SATURDAY afternoon 3pm... and you should know practically everybody in the sales dept. is in the showroom... Bosses included...imagine the stares I got from all e customers... Anyway it's not my car... and my friend has already exhausted his options... and they still tell him it's software problem... He also give green light for me to do anything legal... So i did what I think is legal... For I am not highly educated... but sometimes primitive solutions can solve things faster...

Sometimes.... You just have to do it at the right time and at the right person... I did it during SUPER PEAK perid... SATURDAY afternoon 3pm... and you should know practically everybody in the sales dept. is in the showroom... Bosses included...imagine the stares I got from all e customers... Anyway it's not my car... and my friend has already exhausted his options... and they still tell him it's software problem... He also give green light for me to do anything legal... So i did what I think is legal... For I am not highly educated... but sometimes primitive solutions can solve things faster...

you are absolutely right "sometimes primitive solutions can solve things faster". 2 years ago talk nicely to the chao ang mo aftersales manager at vw, no use. Threaten to write into the press, he answered "what benefit does it do for me". I wrote to the CEO does this ang mo know what he is saying in a tightly regulated vehicle mkt in SG. At least the CEO got his PA to solve my issues.

You should have told him.... Unemployment benefits.... Cos his name will come out big big in the papers... then he can go back to his country and queue for his....

Captain Fattytey, in future when i have problems with C&C and i cant resolved after banging table, will seek your help. salute u fully. u not scare they call 999 and carry u to police station and tow your friend car away.

Actually there is nothing 999 can do to me.... Even if they come... At most ' interview'... By then STOMP, NEW PAPER, WAN PAO, XIN MING will have latest news... And maybe Mediacorp might send tv down... Then we'll see who has more to lose... These bastards think they can just TAI CHI and ppl will just give up.... It's their responsibility to ensure the car is in good working order... In 2002-2003... Premium auto was sued for selling a defective A8... To a guy called Daniel Liew... Car was sent to workshop countless times in 2 years... Daniel demanded that premium give him a new car or return the $ he paid.... They told him NO... So Daniel sue and won... Think they refunded him the $... It came out in the Straits Times...

• Like 1

Sent in my car to check the parking brake.. They said its working fine, that I did not depressed hard enough.. And when release I have to pull the lever and hold till it is fully released. The advisor showed me, seems ok. After I left I tried still same.. I depressed hard till my sole got cramp also sometimes released not fully released.. Sighhh.. Anyway still under warranty, so probably next time send in when free..

I also highlighted about the humming sound after side mirrors fold in. He said they gotta open the door panel and install a relay.. Will take whole day. I need the car, as they said no replacement vehicle.. So I said I'll send in again next week.

Before i wanna ask him about foul smell, he also said do not place 3M car mats on top of the original car mats as when wet, the water will soak in between, and due to humidity condensation will form and will give out foul smell.. Soon the air con will give out foul smell then will be too late to rectify. And also ambi pur will worsen the smell.. Anyone encounter foul smell too?

Sent in my car to check the parking brake.. They said its working fine, that I did not depressed hard enough.. And when release I have to pull the lever and hold till it is fully released. The advisor showed me, seems ok. After I left I tried still same.. I depressed hard till my sole got cramp also sometimes released not fully released.. Sighhh.. Anyway still under warranty, so probably next time send in when free..

that's weird.

the only thing that i needed 'tuning' on my trusty ol' e200k was the brakes and footbrakes. sometimes the brakes (depression) will get too soft, sometimes the footbrakes need a good tug to release. i simply ask the workshop to tighten them then it is okay le.

I really dun understand.. Now I only apply parking brake when on surface with gradient.. I hate the feeling of pulling the lever (tried many ways.. Pull hard and hold on, pull normal and hold on, pull slowly and hold on..) and ending with same results of sometimes it'll fully release and off the brake (!) light, sometimes it doesn't.

• 1 year later...