• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 Broke Down!

Guest mercw124

Guest mercw124

Hey guys -

My W124 broke down when I was along Toa Payoh last Friday - the car just died on me after I came to a complete stop when I couldn't accelerate suddenly.

Had to tow the car to the workshop and was told the fuel cap was faulty.

Total damage - $130 (inclusive of tow).

Thankfully nothing serious. :-X

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mercw124

Yep - I'm was so relieved when this entire thing just happened along a non busy stretch at Toa Payoh.

Anyway, the car was towed back to my mechanic before 6.45pm that day and the problem was rectified by 7.15pm!

Apparently the mechanic said something about the fuel cap (sounded something like this) being faulty and it was replaced for $90.00.

It's this thing in the bonnet which has four plugs attached to it if any of you know what I mean!

Phew - nightmare over.

Guest Cklasse

Yep - I'm was so relieved when this entire thing just happened along a non busy stretch at Toa Payoh.

Anyway, the car was towed back to my mechanic before 6.45pm that day and the problem was rectified by 7.15pm!

Apparently the mechanic said something about the fuel cap (sounded something like this) being faulty and it was replaced for $90.00.

It's this thing in the bonnet which has four plugs attached to it if any of you know what I mean!

Phew - nightmare over.

description seems to point to the "sotong head". Is there one in Merc like W124 or is it already electronically timed for that era?

Guest mercw124

Hmm..I think it's electronically controlled? Because my mechanic was testing out this "circuit"board thing which thankfully wasnt faulty otherwise it would have cost nearly $1000 odd..

Still pretty amateur when it comes to the parts in the bonnet!:P

Guest redbell

u are really consider lucky. my 124 oso always like that. until i got phobia. the last svc bill was $700+. this time dunno gonna rip me how much again... haiz... :'(

Guest mercw124

Haha..Well, I still believe that once all the car parts are sound, the car will ride extremely well!

Anyway, anyone can help on this - my fuse for the instrument cluster blew and when I substituted it another fuse serving another electric part for the car, it blew again once i started the car up.

Any take on this? hope nothing's internally faulty..