• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Just got a R171...

Hi Guys,

I just bought a used R171.. Wanted check several things. Hope you guys can help.

1. Where can I get the hood and fender fins? Whats the damage?

2. Is the car installed with standard bluetooth car kit?

3. Any bros changed the standard audio system to aftermarket headunit?

4. Is there such thing as a sprint booster for this ride? Damage?

Sorry for being such a newbie... =(

Cheers!

Yeo

Hi Guys,

I just bought a used R171.. Wanted check several things. Hope you guys can help.

1. Where can I get the hood and fender fins? Whats the damage?

2. Is the car installed with standard bluetooth car kit?

3. Any bros changed the standard audio system to aftermarket headunit?

4. Is there such thing as a sprint booster for this ride? Damage?

Sorry for being such a newbie... =(

Cheers!

Yeo

Welcome to the family of R171, which year is your SLK?

1. Where can I get the hood and fender fins? Whats the damage? - From Benzline or KBS - less than $100

2. Is the car installed with standard bluetooth car kit? Depending on your head unit, you can try to search for connectivity on your phone. Is yours fitted with AP20?

3. Any bros changed the standard audio system to aftermarket headunit? There are some who did, do a search, if not check out the choices from the sponsors here....

4. Is there such thing as a sprint booster for this ride? Damage? Yes, there is, damage around $250 +/-

<p>zaino-logo-1.jpgZAINO AUTHORIZED DETAILING CENTER 176 Sin Ming Dr, #04-08 Sin Ming AutoCare, Singapore 575721TEL: 67449119 / 97167788ACELLENT AUTO INSURANCETEL: 67449119" We Treat Your Car Like Our Own!"https://www.facebook...cellentgrooming

yes..if you need a bluetooth, you can get one installed fully integrated into the system (fiscon).

Original ones will likely not have any bluetooth function .

<p>zaino-logo-1.jpgZAINO AUTHORIZED DETAILING CENTER 176 Sin Ming Dr, #04-08 Sin Ming AutoCare, Singapore 575721TEL: 67449119 / 97167788ACELLENT AUTO INSURANCETEL: 67449119" We Treat Your Car Like Our Own!"https://www.facebook...cellentgrooming

Guys,

Anyone knows where I can get one of this? Whats the damage?

Looks good...

http://www.mycarforu...e=SLK-R1711.jpg

BTW... Whats the damage for the Fiscon BT Handsfree? Where can I get it?

if you are getting this emperor brand HU, it comes with Navi, bluetooth etc..so you do not need the fiscon anymore.. the cost is around $2k with installation if I am not wrong, contact the site sponsor for a more accurate quote. (elebest)

Tks blackknight.. Saw that you were asking takuhiro abt that HU. Whats the diff?

BTW... Anyone knows if our original key can control the opening/closing of the top? Saw on youtube that triple press on the key works... But not mine =(

Tks blackknight.. Saw that you were asking takuhiro abt that HU. Whats the diff?

BTW... Anyone knows if our original key can control the opening/closing of the top? Saw on youtube that triple press on the key works... But not mine =(

The triple press method requires the SmartTop module installed before you can do that.

Press and hold unlock button, roof comes down and folds into boot.

Press and hold lock button for roof up.

Best is to install smart top, can also roof up during drive when rain coming. :D

Best is to install smart top, can also roof up during drive when rain coming. :D

Cannot leh... Tried several times still no response.

Whats the damage for the SmartTop module?

Bro, maybe you shld try again.

1)Press Unlock button x 1time

2)Press Unlock button and hold for about 3-5 secs

Roof should be able to fold down.

*Rem to close the lid in your boot before attempting*

It works for my slk and I have nvr install the SmartTop module too.

Still can't work =(

Wanna check one thing.. I have 2 sets of keys. Apparently the one given to me is 'full' black in colour. The spare one is with the chrome trimming. Does it make any difference?

Prob mine is 2004 model.. too 'old'

• Like 1

Welcome to the family of R171, which year is your SLK?

1. Where can I get the hood and fender fins? Whats the damage? - From Benzline or KBS - less than $100

Bro,

The fins quoted by Benzline is $300?!?!?! So big diff...

around $600 plus

Still can't work =(

Wanna check one thing.. I have 2 sets of keys. Apparently the one given to me is 'full' black in colour. The spare one is with the chrome trimming. Does it make any difference?

Prob mine is 2004 model.. too 'old'

First, pull down the lid inside the boot.

Then, point the key near to the sensor at door handle.

Press and hold on to the unlock button.

If still can't work, install smart top! :D

Both keys are in full black, maybe cover cracked so was changed.

As long as both keys work should be fine.

Bro,

There are 2 types of fins-

One is original AMG which is silver, the other is replica and in chrome.

Bro,

This one should be the one with full vents and fins attached together. you can actually get the fins only.

The key fob needs to be pointed to the IR receiver at the drivers door handle for it to work.

1) Point the key fob to the drivers door handle. (About 10 - 20cm away)

2) Press and hold the unlock button.

At last! Got it to open with my key! Tks bros...

I'm looking for both the fender and hood fins.. Any bros know where I can get a good deal?

Also.. My headlights cannot be fitted with aftermarket HIDs. It will flicker as I'm driving. Any suggestions?

At last! Got it to open with my key! Tks bros...

I'm looking for both the fender and hood fins.. Any bros know where I can get a good deal?

Also.. My headlights cannot be fitted with aftermarket HIDs. It will flicker as I'm driving. Any suggestions?

I changed all my headlamps and fog lights bulbs to Philip white bulbs, no issues but not HID though.

Check the site sponsors for the fins, I got mine done with them.

They should also be able to help with your HIDs issue as well.

Happy modding! :D

Bros,

Pls advise which sponsors I can get the fins from... Thanks!

MBM

Yeah! Got my HID done with MBM...

BTW.. Any bros knows the diameter base of the antenna? I tried to find for those shorter kind but couldn't. Ebay does have those for 5mm to 6mm.. Is it suitable?

For antenna, there are 2 types.

One type is really short similiar to the SL, the other one slightly longer for slk.

I got the slightly longer one as I was concerned with radio reception. Works very well and no issues, from MBM. :)