• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

where to supercharge merc V6

Guest pokkagreentea

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

I had a friend who supercharged his 350Z V6 at Garage R.. do you think there are any workshops in Singapore who will do that for Mercs? ;D

Was quoted before by MBM for 2003 E240 V6 2.6L for turbo-charging.

Guest kopimonster

ya, can try mbm whether the kleeman supercharger can be installed in a v6. a few v8 already had it installed and the power gain is enomous!

bro, any idea how much one of those kleeman SC costs? and any issues when comes inspection?

Guest CBlack

i think it cost about $40k +- not very sure better check with mbm. if you go to the mbworld forum, there are a lot of C55, E55, etc that have the kleemann supercharger installed. you may want to check out their review.

Guest kopimonster

i think it cost about $40k +- not very sure better check with mbm. if you go to the mbworld forum, there are a lot of C55, E55, etc that have the kleemann supercharger installed. you may want to check out their review.

sure thing, thks bro

Guest ultor

I believe the SC alone is 14k, but the total package including cam, exhaust and brakes may add up to abt 26-30k. mbm can give you the exact breakdown so you can decide to do it step by step or all at once.

Guest kopimonster

yup, heard from somewhere that installing a supercharger can be cheaper than a equivalent turbocharger...and somewhat, less problematic to install...told myself no more performance mods for next ride...but really too much poison floating around liao....i muz resist...i muz resist....i muz resist....stock is best.....i muz resist....lol ;D

Guest CBlack

yup, heard from somewhere that installing a supercharger can be cheaper than a equivalent turbocharger...and somewhat, less problematic to install...told myself no more performance mods for next ride...but really too much poison floating around liao....i muz resist...i muz resist....i muz resist....stock is best.....i muz resist....lol ;D

C63 already a monster leh even if it is stock ;D

Guest kopimonster

;D will try to maintain stock performance lor and probably go for ICE instead....the fellas in mbworld already talking abt upping to 500, 600bhp liao....faint*

Guest kopimonster

when will it arrive on our shore?

earliest is june/july and if i was told that only a total of 4 units are being brought in per shipment and subsequent shipment will be 3 months apart.

Guest kepiting1sg

;D will try to maintain stock performance lor and probably go for ICE instead....the fellas in mbworld already talking abt upping to 500, 600bhp liao....faint*

U wanna ICE poison, I will gladly do some recommendations for you too! ;D ;D ;D

Guest kopimonster

kepiting1sg ]

wrote:

U wanna ICE poison, I will gladly do some recommendations for you too! ;D ;D ;D

you already did ;D.....i have already spoken to chuan sing pple liao, and they advise me to bring my ride down for them to check out the possibility of installing the game console, as for audio part....will have to check the amount of modification work required...if they need to cut up too much...really heart pain man :P ;D

Guest kopimonster

if i'm quite right, for supercharging V6, MBM will recommend ART-Tuning!!

They (ART_tuning) have kits of V6!!

that's why I kept on Poisoning narmi and Jgoh to do up their CLS!! just imagine from 272 to 374!!!!

yalor...supercharging is good, the gain can be phenomenal with minimal or no lag at all :D

Guest CBlack

this is taken from Kleemann website.

KLEEMANN Tuning for Normally Aspirated V6 and V8 Engines

Flexible tuning - Mega power

For the normally aspirated (NA) Mercedes-Benz V6 and V8-engines KLEEMANN offers a complete engine tuning programme. The programme has been developed to fit the customers every need and purpose. Therefore all tuning components can be used individually, in predetermined sets, or in a customer defined matrix. This flexibility gives the customer the opportunity to custom-tailor his or her own vehicle according to his or her wishes.

The available tuning components address all aspects of the engine and represent a "Stage" tuning concept ranging from S1 to S4. The KLEEMANN normally aspirated V6/V8-engine tuning programme consists of the KLEEMANN Kompressor System, ECU reprogramming, tubular exhaust Headers in stainless steel, Super Sport Camshafts with stronger valve springs, and a complete 70 mm dual exhaust system in stainless steel with four steel catalysts.

2.6, 2.8 and 3.2 V6 & 4.3, 5.0 and 5.5 V8

The KLEEMANN normally aspirated (NA) V6/V8-engine tuning programme is available for all Mercedes-Benz models equipped with NA V6 or V8 engines. Below you will find the specifications of the KLEEMANN "Stage" tuning concept for a 5.0 litre normally aspirated Mercedes-Benz engine.