• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

is c200 worth the price diff over the c180

Guest sophos

Guest sophos

the memory seats and parktronic thing does not really rank high on my list

just the power

what's the fundamental diff between the two models

would a chip up help?

and as i read, pulley?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest gainax

I think this will be on each personal preference.

Firstly, the 200/184bhp - 180/156bhp = additional 28bhp

Some people have test-drive both and said that the additional 28bhp is helpful in moving the car.

Some people have suggested saving the additional cost ($15k) in getting the 200 and modding it yourself.

Im not sure if your warranty will be void if you mod yourself and being a lazy bum, have gone for the lazy route of just getting the C200. :P

Guest m1122

Depends on your preference.

Memory seats - my case 95% of time I am the one driving. Remaining 5% is my dad/girlfriend. But all of us almost same height so no need to adjust seats.

Extra bhp - my previous ride was a W203 C200. Not much difference to me since 90% of the time I am stuck in peak hour jam and CTE on weekend most of the time also very heavy traffic. Actually damn sian in bumper to bumper traffic.

So in my case I got a W204 C180. One other factor was that when I bought the car on 27 Dec 07, C200 no stock and had to wait until Apr 08 whereas C180 was available ex-stock and I got delivery on 10 Jan 08. I did not want to wait so long.

Cheers!