• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Diagnosis Indicator Lamp lights up

Guest ChangC200

Guest ChangC200

HI all..

The indicator lights up. Whats that for? i read from manual that it may be a fault in the injection system, the ignition system or the exhaust system. Anybody knows?

And is it good to continue driving the car, ignoring the lamp?

Thanks and best regards,

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI all..

The indicator lights up. Whats that for? i read from manual that it may be a fault in the injection system, the ignition system or the exhaust system. Anybody knows?

Thanks and best regards,

First of all, Welcome to Sgmerc, congrat for your 1st post.

Trying to Answer your question,hope it will help.

Send to work shop for a check ;)

Guest jenvid

HI all..

Thanks and best regards,

Hi, welcome to the grp !

If yours is a W203, a very common fault is a crack in the air intake manifold causing the air pressure in the manifold to drop.

Basically means you will consume marginally more fuel if you dun intend to fix it. Worst case scenario can be the darn air intake breaks..

If the lamp goes on & off... high chance the intake manifold is broken

This is a well recognized problem in the 1.8l supercharge engine block.

Wish it is not for your case.

Guest Cklasse

HI all..

Thanks and best regards,

Hi, welcome to the grp !

If yours is a W203, a very common fault is a crack in the air intake manifold causing the air pressure in the manifold to drop.

Basically means you will consume marginally more fuel if you dun intend to fix it. Worst case scenario can be the darn air intake breaks..

Yep! I had an engine light on intermittently before and was traced to a cracked intake manifold. The car will still run normally but it makes you nervous to see one light turns on while driving.

Guest jenvid

HI all..

Thanks and best regards,

Hi, welcome to the grp !

Yep! I had an engine light on intermittently before and was traced to a cracked intake manifold. The car will still run normally but it makes you nervous to see one light turns on while driving.

I had mine for 3 yrs :). Stupid light goes off by the time I bring C&C so never got it fixed. After the 3rd year it became permanently on by then it was out of warranty (4th year) and I sold off the car ;D

My engine check light has been on for a 2 weeks. Suspect is either filter dirty or my cat leaking.

i think i had solved your engine light problem that day, since your air intake came out loose, but too bad can't double check, so how's your "babe"??

Guest sy69u

My engine check light has been on for a 2 weeks. Suspect is either filter dirty or my cat leaking.

wah bro, ur car has this problem & u still drive up to penang arh? u good lah.

Guest eugenemon

My 7 years old had the indicator for a year. After several checks, it was comfirmed is the air escape problem. So in the end gave up and pretend that never see it at all.

Guest jenvid

My 7 years old had the indicator for a year. After several checks, it was comfirmed is the air escape problem. So in the end gave up and pretend that never see it at all.

So u like me ? Remove the instrument panel, strip it apart, black tape the led & re-assemble it back ? kekeke...

Guest kepiting1sg

HI all..

Thanks and best regards,

IMHO,

You should not ignore it but bring it for a diagnostic check.

It happened to my W203 before when the light came on, there was a loss of engine power.

MBM traced it to a faulty Kleemann K-Box.

After replacing it, everything was back to normal.

Guest sy69u

HI all..

Thanks and best regards,

IMHO,

You should not ignore it but bring it for a diagnostic check.

It happened to my W203 before when the light came on, there was a loss of engine power.

MBM traced it to a faulty Kleemann K-Box.

After replacing it, everything was back to normal.

unker, u replaced the kleemann k-box or put back original? can the kleemann k-box be faulty? wat was wrong with it?

Guest kepiting1sg

unker, u replaced the kleemann k-box or put back original? can the kleemann k-box be faulty? wat was wrong with it?

Dun wanna mention names but not MBM.

The guy who installed my 1st K-Box placed it directly under the bonnet grill near to the battery.

When it rained, water keep pouring over the K-Box. Through time the K-Box jib chwee.....wahahahah! ;D ;D ;D.

Then I put it back to stock, engine light disappear. Everything back to normal.

Then itchy kar chng, went back to instal K-Box, Pullet Kit with fuel regular, C230 supercharger,

Spring Booster, cut open the cat. converter to allow better air flow.

It was really shiok with the additional horses. ;D ;D ;D

About to jump into Header c/w met. cat. con. and Vaeth Intercooler, my wife put a full stop to my "new driving style"

especially quite frequent got lots of other cars wanted to chio old unker on the road. :-[ :-[ :-[

At the same time also thought of selling car!

In the end demoded everything and didn't sell the car which I still lup so much. :'(

It's 4 years old and less than <50K Km. (including trips to Malacca (SGMerc) and a long trip to Cameron Highlands/Penang with AAS). ;)

Still got the spring booster in my ride, maybe should take that out also.....wahahahah! :D

Guest CBlack

Uncle, if you take out Sprint Booster....I book first hor. Wa...I want to be Ninja, resist poison but don't mind swallow the Sprint Booster pill.

finally, yap has taken the poison ;D you should have taken mine.

Guest eugenemon

So u like me ? Remove the instrument panel, strip it apart, black tape the led & re-assemble it back ? kekeke...

No, I went to pay $20 to get it taken off. The people use the computer do lo. So when turn the key to position 1 no more lights. Anyway, car traded in le so is ok. haha