• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hard Top Cabriolet

Guest angela

Guest angela

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

I am thinking of getting a hardtop cabriolet but not sure what to choose... based on my budget the following are the options:

1. Renault Megane CC

2. Peugeot 307 CC

3. Astra twintop CC

Any comments will be greatly appreciated! :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angela

My wife she is driving Renault Megane CC, it is being 3 1/2 year so far so good nothing major except for normal wear & tear.

I drove the car up to Penang 2 times, K.L 2 times, high speed handling at 190km/hr is good.

Performance wise i guess the 3 about the same so nothing to be proud to compare.

Look wise it is up to individual so no comments.

Hi Kompressor,

Thanks! Good to hear that your megane CC does not give you much problem. By the way, does your model comes with the glass roof? Coz i am concern that the glass roof will make the car warmer than normal..

Guest Raskie

out of curiosity ... i wonder if there is after-market shop that can handle hard-top repairs or replacement (touchwood) if something shd go wrong .. I believe AD charges will be quite astronomical ...

i know there is external w/s that can do soft-top ...

Guest jenvid

Not sure if the glass roof got inner lining. But definitely not warm. On sunny days you need to pull up the lining for sure, too bright and can feel some heat penetrating through though.

This is wat I experienced with my paranomic roof with VK70 film.