• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Size of Stock Rims

Guest BJ

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Will appreciate if I can get some replies. TIA

1. What's the size and weight of the stock rims for 2010 C180K. I have a current set of 18" BBS CK from my previous ride which will fit perfectly according to the tyre shop, but I am afraid it may be too heavy. Thanks!

Guest blackmercs
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Will appreciate if I can get some replies. TIA

1. What's the size and weight of the stock rims for 2010 C180K. I have a current set of 18" BBS CK from my previous ride which will fit perfectly according to the tyre shop, but I am afraid it may be too heavy. Thanks!

Weight?? Just curious, weight does matter? I mean is it more than 15kg per rim is a no go for you? If yes, what is the idea weight per rim is consider light? I m asking coz many newbies tends to ask abt rim weight for choosing a rim. Please englighten me.

Thanks

Personal butt feel that pick up is affected and fuel consumption worse when rims are heavy. I wouldn't have that concern if I'm driving a car with higher torque or bhp.....

Guest blackmercs
Personal butt feel that pick up is affected and fuel consumption worse when rims are heavy. I wouldn't have that concern if I'm driving a car with higher torque or bhp.....

I see, so you will avoid rim that is more than 15kg? Perhaps u can share with us the idea rim weight for a C180k?

Guest blackmercs
I think you can help to delete this thread. Thanks mod

Your question is logic & i do agree with u that weight is a factor so as to reduce fuel etc but is it significance?. The problems is that not many ppl knows what is the ideal weight that can lighten the load which translate to save fuel etc, including myself. Since you ask this question, i thought u hv some figures to share with us. Please dont get me wrong on asking you what is consider as an idea weight of a rim. Just to share with u, I choose rim based on the design & cost only as for weight dosent really bothers me at all.

Maybe someone here can share indepth with us on this one.

Cheers

Guest jtang

Bro BJ, I understand your concerns about the weight of the rims. The heavier the rim, the higher the upsprung weight which in turn increase the FC. In any case, don't think anyone here will be able to tell you the wt of the original rim as no one actually bothers to weigh it. But I have done weight comparisons on a industrial weighing scale of the mounted rims with tyres with my tyre shop (Khai Wah) before buying the new rims in my VW GTI. Btw, BBS CK is a very solid rim that's known to be a bit heavy. But then again, being 18" it's sure to be a little heavier than the original 17". I would say there's some negligible increase in weight which shouldn't affect the FC much. If weight is really an issue with you, I would suggest that you remove the spare wheel/tyre after fixing the BBS rims. That should be more than enough to offset the wt increase. Go for the BBS CK, the 18" really make the car prettier & handles better.

Guest zerod

hmm... seriously... do u think u have bought a jp made car or kr made?

yes the article abt unsprung mass and fuel saving and lighter rims thoughts are valid. But you are buying a Mercedes Benz... i repeat.. Mercedes Benz.... omg...

Mercedes Benz are safety aware and now they are moving into fuel saving. unsprung weight effect extracted from wiki link :

"The amount of movement, for short bumps, is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip and more constant grip when tracking over an imperfect road."

You know how Mercedes Benz define comfort? You know how many factors are involved when it comes to safety and comfort? Do you even know how Mercedes's base design and suspension design?

Not every car needs a light rim. Yes u gain on better fc but u are risking you safety. Also, when u go NSH light rims hit pot hole, the higher % of your rim goes bonk....

A simple example would be SIA, imagine SIA tell u ok we are going to lighten our airplanes to make it more fuel economy... u think u will still pay premium price for the tix and u dare to take that airplane?

Guest markcwq

yes the article abt unsprung mass and fuel saving and lighter rims thoughts are valid. But you are buying a Mercedes Benz... i repeat.. Mercedes Benz.... omg...

Mercedes Benz are safety aware and now they are moving into fuel saving. unsprung weight effect extracted from wiki link :

"The amount of movement, for short bumps, is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip and more constant grip when tracking over an imperfect road."

You know how Mercedes Benz define comfort? You know how many factors are involved when it comes to safety and comfort? Do you even know how Mercedes's base design and suspension design?

Not every car needs a light rim. Yes u gain on better fc but u are risking you safety. Also, when u go NSH light rims hit pot hole, the higher % of your rim goes bonk....

A simple example would be SIA, imagine SIA tell u ok we are going to lighten our airplanes to make it more fuel economy... u think u will still pay premium price for the tix and u dare to take that airplane?

Bro, relax! I laughed when I read your SIA example, that's funny!

Relax bro. Take a deep breath. I'm back to my BBS. Just toying the idea. Lol

Btw, I use the NSHW at least 2x a month to KL. Btw, light rims doesn't mean lousy cos Im looking at forged rims. Lol

Guest zerod

Relax bro. Take a deep breath. I'm back to my BBS. Just toying the idea. Lol

Btw, I use the NSHW at least 2x a month to KL. Btw, light rims doesn't mean lousy cos Im looking at forged rims. Lol

i very relac liao... just find that abit extreme to talk abt unsprung mass on a car like merz... just pouring out my thoughts...

anyways im not saying light rims are lousy.. they are of cos good but like i said... do 1 thing.. its link to another... so u dont sacrifice safety/comfort...

btw where u get your BBS? SouthEast?

I got it from Leong Seng, about $70 difference in price per rim. Btw, I swopped it from my previous ride as it fits perfectly. Was thinking of selling them and getting another set. Most probably will stick to them for a while.

Guest io5885

Seems to me many of us here engage the services of SouthEast Tyres.

Go there usually no see fellow Mar-se-Lee kakis..

How abt a group outing to Ah Meng's shop one day and have a groupbuy on his merchandise!! :lol:

at the same time, can weigh our rims n tyres. :P

Guest kepiting1sg
Seems to me many of us here engage the services of SouthEast Tyres.

Go there usually no see fellow Mar-se-Lee kakis..

How abt a group outing to Ah Meng's shop one day and have a groupbuy on his merchandise!! :lol:

at the same time, can weigh our rims n tyres. :P

U go organize one La-Kopi session there lol :P