• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GPS

Guest Bensi

Guest blackmercs
Yes' date=' I did that. But cannot find much... thus I register and post the noob questions... Will search again in case it was becuase of me not beng a member....[/quote']

Welcome!! U looking for aftermarket GPS or those comes with the Command? If u looking for the latter look for Camber or Ricky at the site sponsor thread.

Thanks blackmercs.

I googled to understand what is the Command your are refering to.. sorry.. newbie here....

Seems like the Command connects the DVD, CD, radio, phone together but I do not understand the benefits....

I am looking for a GPS, that is inbuilt but does not void the warrenty. GPS must be reliable, accurate and updates are available.

How ah..

Guest markcwq

If warranty is important to you and you do not want to void it, you can go back to C&C to get them to install a GPS add-on to your Audio 20 system. I posted this before, you can check out this thread:

http://www.sgmerc.com/Forum/C-Class-W201-83-93W202-93-00W203-00-07W204-07-Current/181381-CampC-GPS-Addon-For-Audio-20.html#181381

Anything else you do aftermarket will definitely void warranty.

Further information on Comand if you're interested can be found in this thread:

http://www.sgmerc.com/Forum/I.C.E.-In-Car-Entertainment/157330-All-U-wanna-know-about-COMAND-Part-1.html

http://www.sgmerc.com/Forum/I.C.E.-In-Car-Entertainment/157331-All-U-wanna-know-about-COMAND-Part-2.html

Read all the links again... but still no clue on what to do leh... sorry... my bad....

Basically, I want a GPS to be installed. Need review of how does it fare and how much would it cost, without warrenty issues....

I have a portable GPS but not keep to use it because of the wiring and addtitional device sitting on the dashboard....

Appreciate your guidance... or rather.. virus.... hahaha

Guest blackmercs
Read all the links again... but still no clue on what to do leh... sorry... my bad....

Basically, I want a GPS to be installed. Need review of how does it fare and how much would it cost, without warrenty issues....

I have a portable GPS but not keep to use it because of the wiring and addtitional device sitting on the dashboard....

Ok now i understand. Just go to any good audio car workshop tell them yr requirements & all yr problem will resolve. No idea which are good workshop? Shout for our ICE guru UNKER BATAM!!

Guest kepiting1sg

Ok now i understand. Just go to any good audio car workshop tell them yr requirements & all yr problem will resolve. No idea which are good workshop? Shout for our ICE guru UNKER BATAM!!

hp.gif wey!

phone.gif Haloo!!!

U lan ka wa eh handpon si boh?

Your wish is my COMAND! :P

Guest kepiting1sg
Unker Batam... Can you help me?

Off course! Depending what U wanna do and what's your budget!

"Your GPS is only as good as your Maps!"

I will reply you later as I m leaving the office right now.

Tell me exactly what U wanna do and what U expect to have!

Guest blackmercs
Unker Batam... Can you help me?

Off course! Depending what U wanna do and what's your budget!

"Your GPS is only as good as your Maps!"

I will reply you later as I m leaving the office right now.

Tell me exactly what U wanna do and what U expect to have!

Let me kapo!! I want to mount my aftermarket on the front dashboard with nice frame up & all wiring to be conceal. Preferably to be mounted on top of the audio 20 & GPS can be detachable. :)

Guest kepiting1sg
Thanks for the prompt response.

I just need a reliable GPS that includes Malaysia. Budget wise... Best buy loh...

Bro BlackMerc gotta best recommendation for U.

Get a Garmin portable GPS, conceal the wiring & use a bean bag.

Suction cup holder tend to drop off after sometime.

Other than bean bag can get the car audio shop to fabricate a nice holder for your GPS.

Weekly free map updates from MalFreeMaps.

Choice 2: after mkt multimedia with GPS integrated with your Audio 20 will cost $1k+

Choice of Garmin based maps or Aigis based maps

Choice 3: COMAND

Guest kepiting1sg
Thanks!!!

I prefer chose 2. Integrated with Audio 20. How is the review of this setup?

I had both choice 2 & choice 3 in my previous E250 cos when I first gotta car no one could instal COMAND.

Choice 2 Garmin base use a gps blackbox gvn53 with a RF remote control.

Aigis maps are base on Window CE platform & possible to put a film over your Audio 20 LCD screen for touch screen.

However I have my own opinion on the availability of Aigis maps update.

Pls read here! I will put back the photos when I've the time!

http://www.sgmerc.com/Forum/I.C.E.-In-Car-Entertainment/144829-Finally-Retrofitted-my-COMAND-NTG4-amp-Keeping-my-after-market-MMI.html

Guest kepiting1sg

:pinch:

Thanks… I read the link but nothing mentioned on the GPS performance. Maybe I missed it….

Garmin GPS GVN53 is same as your portable Garmin gps & uses a SD Card for free maps U can DL from MalFreeMaps site.

The only diff with portable is no touch screen xcept U use a RF Remote Control.

The GVN features are quite similar with base models except no 3D, Lane Assist, No BT

IIRC Estd arrival time, map zoom, POIs can be added, turn by turn voice, etc are available.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg
haha. k. i wonder if there's anything that's similar to GVN53.

It seems that this product don't have any competitor yet...

One of the computer shows last year, saw some thing similar to a GPS Blackbox but not or Garmin base maps.

I die-hard Garmin fan but COMAND still my top priority i.e Navigate with COMAND and if need arise then resort to Garmin.

Have not touch my Garmins (Nuvi 670 & Nuvi 1460) quite some time!