• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NSH speed trap

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Anyone has info on the North South Highway speed trap, please post here so that I can include into the Penang drive list.

Giving road marker would be good, if not, I will take GPS coordinates (I only have coordinates for 2007 map).

From my experience,Is not useful to do those marking for some of our guys like Protoss,C35,Willy and more and more of them..........., cos once they hear from WT, 'road clear can Buka',haaaa............. they forget how far can they buka...... ;D

Guest jenvid

From my experience,Is not useful to do those marking for some of our guys like Protoss,C35,Willy and more and more of them..........., cos once they hear from WT, 'road clear can Buka',haaaa............. they forget how far can they buka...... ;D

I recall Top gear testing speed trap... u need to clear at 272km/h|170mph to render the speed cam useless...

At the rate we buka... no problem after stage 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_JTEmO4FU

I will try to load up the file in text format this wk.

Buka? I only do it after last light...especially if it is pitch black..too much Initial D I guess..

Guest jenvid

Is it possible to list out the mile-markers of the key ones for those of us who don't have a Garmin or GPS? ;D ;D ;D

Many many thanks!!

errm just tried but quite tough.

This is the best I can do...long lat...

Alternative go to Garmin, d/l mapsource & go to Malsing & d/l the free map. use map source & open the file to see..

Guest jenvid

It will be great and safer if any of our member have the "RADAR DETECTOR DEVICE".

It will be "WAN WU E SHI" ;)

Can we jio our fren in US now back in 3 wks to pick up a few for us ? hehe... Beltronics Bel RX65..

Guest speckie1

it will be great to keep a few tenth doallr to settle it.

i was sent an email sometime back that the neighbouring government is trying to crack down on this bribery and have counter-offered officers to report bribery attempts and get rewarded by a 100RM reward for each report.

So they may try to get you to offer them some coffee money to settle the "summons" and subsequently report you as attempting to bribe. that means your next trip there could be a more serious legal situation.

that said, i believe the speeding ticket is now 70RM instead of 150RM? if so, better to take it and pay it and let them build roads with that revenue than attempt to pay them off with a 20RM discount.

also, there's always the chance you may end up bribing and then get a summons still issued, as has happened many times too.

$70 or $150 fine provided there caught you with maybe 150km/h or below. I was caught once which they detacted i was traveling at 210km/h inside KL after second toll which speed limit only at 90km. They demanded a 300RM or i follow them back station for nasi lemak. What will you do, pay or have breadfast ??? ???

Guest jenvid

So moral of the story hor.... buka sensibily lor *hiaks*.... or like me only in pitch black areas... :-[ & equipped with GPS lor... kekekeke..

Still curious whether the TP are using LIDAR based or Doppler based eqpt. I know SG is probably using LIDAR.