• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Humming noise from new Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2

Guest KS1129

Hello All,

The new tires which I just purchased this monday are producing some humming noise when speed over 80km/h. The noise is not very audible and in fact I cant hear it unless i turn off the radio.

Anybody knows if re-balance the wheel will stop the noise? Or its the tires? The wheel bearing is OK. I called teh tire shop and he asked me to wait a week more because new tires need run in.

The size is 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear, 33psi front and 38psi rear.

Best Regards,

Kent

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest Tigershark

your front psi looks really low. Not sure if your tyre shop advised you, but generally asymm 2 needs higher psi. i think rear tire psi is correct. i believe front should be ard 36 psi?

get a 2nd opinion.

cheers.

Guest hkhamateur
Hello All,

The new tires which I just purchased this monday are producing some humming noise when speed over 80km/h. The noise is not very audible and in fact I cant hear it unless i turn off the radio.

Anybody knows if re-balance the wheel will stop the noise? Or its the tires? The wheel bearing is OK. I called teh tire shop and he asked me to wait a week more because new tires need run in.

The size is 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear, 33psi front and 38psi rear.

Best Regards,

Kent

Yo Kent, I'm havg e same tire spec bt w Conti CSC3. Frt 36psi n rear 38psi always! Had my tires pumped every week or at most 2 weeks to maintain consistent pressure.

Yes, new tires needed run-in bt if I've changed tires, wil go along w wheel balancg.

Thanks.

The wheel has been balanced before fitting on my car.

The tires have cool down since noon, going to pump the front tires to 36psi and see how it goes. Apart from the soft humming sound the tires are very quiet.