• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Rattling and Creaking dashboard... sianz!

Guest mvdennis

Guest mvdennis

mine's coming to 4 years and recently it has developed a lot of creaking and rattling sound ... damn irritating.

anyone had this problem and found out how to make it go away?

Guest mvdennis
mine's coming to 4 years and recently it has developed a lot of creaking and rattling sound ... damn irritating.

anyone had this problem and found out how to make it go away?

lagi gek sim ...

the rattlings and creakings are getting louder and louder ... last time was only audible when the car is jolted (thanks to our Singapore roads) with bumps / humps / potholes etc. now even "normal bumps" also very audible liao.

Guest Cklasse

When the W203 came out, it had creaking noises too. One of the solutions was to identify where are the rubbing parts and stuff some paper strips into the gap and that solved the problem.

Guest mvdennis

thanks guys .. you're right the creaking noises are most difficult to solve as mechanics often have no patience with them, and unless you can specifically pinpoint where the noise is, they are usually not excited to do much

that's why sooo gek sim with this car man. Sighhhh

if is not $$$ issue change the all the engine rubber mounting..i bought a 5 yrs old car 2 yrs back & change all engine rubber mounting cost few k. & i replace with new coilover too.after that no more funny creaking noise & handle better new car too..car is like us when get older the more problem will come..cheers

Guest mvdennis
if is not $$$ issue change the all the engine rubber mounting..i bought a 5 yrs old car 2 yrs back & change all engine rubber mounting cost few k. & i replace with new coilover too.after that no more funny creaking noise & handle better new car too..car is like us when get older the more problem will come..cheers

yea totally understand mate :)

actually i'm totally aware of all these cost of buying second hand cars (esp my previous car is one of the most notorious Lol!) but what's irritating and frustrating is that the car is 'just' 50,000km and when i test drove it twice about 1.5 months ago it was perfect! Not a single creak, not a single noise, and everything was brilliant ...

who knows after just 1.5 months of ownership all the things start happening liao. Would have appreciated a longer honeymoon ... LOL!

Guest mvdennis
As for the dashboard sound could be coin stuck behind..remove the dashboard & clear the rubbish.

the problem is the removal part ... very tedious and many times after removing dashboard you will end up with more noises because the plastic pieces just won't fit back well nicely again ... Lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mvdennis

went to a renowned MB workshop today and after a 10 mins test drive the mechanic told me it's not the dashboard but the shock absorbers ... quoted me $700 for each piece of shock absorbers ... :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mvdennis
Hi dennis,

Can recommend which renowned MB workshop u went to?

er ... i can PM you the name of that MB workshop but definitely won't recommend you to go there mate!! LOL!

$700 is insanely overpriced.