• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B170

Guest nemo

Actually I forgot to tell u guys me just got my B170. A week only....

I notice the tire noise quite loud. Will sound proofing help or is it quite useless cause its a hatchback car?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 777kenny

nemo...congrat on ur new ride :)

The factory fitted tyres should be Conti CSC2 huh...that's what i got.

Tyre noise is quite hard to be completely eliminated...even with after-market soundproofing. Also, as our tyres are the low-profile type (45 series)...their side walls are harder and they are not exactly comfort and quiet. ContiSportContact 2 is already doing quite a good job in quietness. Maybe you can consider downsizing ur rims, like 16' or 15', so that you can fit in the more comfort/quiet-oriented tyres (eg. 55 series)?

nemo...congrat on ur new ride :)

The factory fitted tyres should be Conti CSC2 huh...that's what i got.

Tyre noise is quite hard to be completely eliminated...even with after-market soundproofing. Also, as our tyres are the low-profile type (45 series)...their side walls are harder and they are not exactly comfort and quiet. ContiSportContact 2 is already doing quite a good job in quietness. Maybe you can consider downsizing ur rims, like 16' or 15', so that you can fit in the more comfort/quiet-oriented tyres (eg. 55 series)?

HI bro yah i got the same tires. But i not willing to comprimise the size of rims. Hee Hee like the 17 look.

Sound proofing really cant eliminate the prob huh... Hiaz i guess I will give myself and my ride some more time b4 i decide. Thanks. But if eventually i wanna do soundproofing which is a good place that is reasonably price huh? Dun wanna spend too much is it is not gonna erase the prob totally. ;D