• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New tires - again!!!

Guest merc.y

Wow! Less then 5000Km and I have to change my rear tires....

The inner wall wears out so fast..... There is not Camber kit for the CLS!!!!!!

There goes my Conti CSC5.....

I when to Stamford to check on my tires. Because, alert lights comes on in my dash! Even after topping up air to the rear tires....

They took out the rears and found that the inner wall (Inside of car) has all gone 'botak' just 2" of the inner wall only the rest is good!.....

They told me that it is not safe to drive over CNY! :(

I asked for the price per tire (Rear - 295/ 25/ 20 - I think!) $1085 per pc....

Same tire I get from my regular guy in Kaki bukit.... $750/- For regulars like me, so called Brother brother price! $700nett

Wow between the 2 is $385.00, wonder where these extra goes too? Profits? Wow!

So 2 tires $770.00 ummm! that is a no frills 42" brand new TV....

Be it parallel imports (Which the Stamford guy told me to beware off!), it is the same tire..... Made in the year 2011, that's ok! being Jan this month.

Oh! He did say no warranty! I asked him for my case of uneven wear will the warranty stands! He says NO!!!!

What you guys think!!!!!?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest blackmercs

I had this issue previously on my both rear tyres. Got it brandnew inner tyres wear out within 3 months. Suspect probably due to rim balancing & wheel alignment issue. So no choice replaced both tyres & realign my wheel. Unable to claims for repacement.

Guest kepiting1sg

merc.y wrote:

Yeah! That was my thoughts, anyway Warranty or not that way my CLS eats rubber, doesn't work for me!

imho better check your wheels alignment especially if U have lowered your ride!:hand: