• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

possibility of installing game console in W204

Guest kopimonster

Guest kopimonster

i know this might sound silly, but its juz a thought, wat is the possibility of install a game console (say PSP or XBox) in the W204?

practicality issues aside :P...juz need to know such an installation:

1)is possible, if so, how much will it cost?

2)able to withstand the heat, if say i parked under the hot sun the whole day long

3)will require extensive drilling or cutting of the dashboard?

4)will the stock 7" LCD able to support the refresh rate of the game console?

5)is it legal in the first place?(its impossible not to ask this in singapore :P)

6)and any other considerations i need to make?

many thanks ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

i know this might sound silly, but its juz a thought, wat is the possibility of install a game console (say PSP or XBox) in the W204?

practicality issues aside :P...juz need to know such an installation:

1)is possible, if so, how much will it cost?

2)able to withstand the heat, if say i parked under the hot sun the whole day long

3)will require extensive drilling or cutting of the dashboard?

4)will the stock 7" LCD able to support the refresh rate of the game console?

5)is it legal in the first place?(its impossible not to ask this in singapore :P)

6)and any other considerations i need to make?

many thanks ;D

Let me try to answer your Qs one at a time. :)

IMHO,

1) Nothing is impossible & installation costs will depend on installer.

2) I think the XBox or PSP should be able to take the heat in the car

3) Amount of drilling/cutting if any will depend on the installer. What is not extensive to me maybe extensive to you.

Talk to the installer and ask him how he will do it. That should give you an idea what will be the amount of

installation work to be done.

4) The stock LCD resolution & refresh rate probably will not be good enough. Wanna consider a better monitor? :)

5) If you are not playing games while driving....hehehehe! :)

6) Do you REALLY wanna have a game console in your car? :)

If you are really serious about it, best is to explore your idea with some reputable installers.

Here's pictures of an installer previous Vito.

Front Passenger Cabin : SQ

Center of Vito: Home Entertainment & Games

Back of Vito: Moving Disco Blasting Machine.

160357_42_full.jpg

160357_43_full.jpg

Guest kopimonster

cool! many thanks for the sound advise bro :)

while i muz say it might not be mandatory to have one installed, but tot it would be real nice to have one available (but provided i can get it set-up within reasonable means) ;D

but you have confirmed my worse fear that the stock LCD is unable to support the effective gaming....so dat means spend extra $$ :'(

but like what you suggested, i will have a chat with the installer and see what they propose :)

p.s. the vito setup is way cool! a fren of mine that is also crazy after ICE, also aspire to have similar setup ;D

Guest jenvid

I dont there is much of an issue of installing game consoles in cars. Richburg does it to their Estima.

I think the issue here is whether the W204's COMAND has a vid in interface else you gotta literally tear apart the system.

If I am not wrong, PS2 is the most common console installed due to the ultra slim footprint.

There's also a company in SG that install MacMini with full touch screen interface.

You might also want to check out MBworld.org for more info. There is a whole wealth of info u can fish from the Americans...

Good luck...

Guest kopimonster

I dont there is much of an issue of installing game consoles in cars. Richburg does it to their Estima.

I think the issue here is whether the W204's COMAND has a vid in interface else you gotta literally tear apart the system.

If I am not wrong, PS2 is the most common console installed due to the ultra slim footprint.

There's also a company in SG that install MacMini with full touch screen interface.

You might also want to check out MBworld.org for more info. There is a whole wealth of info u can fish from the Americans...

Good luck...

thanks jenvid, the information available at MBworld is really astonishing :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gainax

PSP Slim not the older fat model have this video out that you can link to a display unit via component - mini-B cable. If you car LCD have component input, vola! gaming console without any hassle done!

Guest kopimonster

PSP Slim not the older fat model have this video out that you can link to a display unit via component - mini-B cable. If you car LCD have component input, vola! gaming console without any hassle done!

tio hor....hmmm...will also consider that approach too, hehe....my ride not in yet...so my mind wondering around a lot for potential mods ;D